Hope somebody can help

Hi all,

I just wondered if you could tell me the speed limit for a car on the A66? Somebody has told me its 60mph and somebody has told me its 70mph so I am a bit confused.

Many thanks in advance :smiley:

i would say that it is 60 mph as its single carriageway most of it … 70 is only for the motorways… but i stand to be corrected :smiley: :smiley:

The single carriage way sections are 60 mph, the dual carriage way sections with central reservation are 70 mph

Zorg, you have been stood :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

it is 60mph on single carriageway and 70mph on dual or motorways for cars.

a simple read of The Highway Code would have answered that for you :wink:

Car on its own 60 single carriageway, 70 dual.
Car towing a trailer or caravan - 50 and 60

Many people think van speed limits are the same as cars, but this is not necessarily correct.

An Astra type van can travel at 60 or 70
A Transit type van is limited to 50 or 60.

So doing 120mph=+ on a 1000cc motorcycle isn`t a good idea :blush: :blush:

peirre:

If you don’t get caught it’s a good idea, if you do get caught then not so much. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

peirre:

If you don’t get caught it’s a good idea, if you do get caught then not so much. :wink:

is the correct answer :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peirre:

ah so it was you who past me last year doing warp 120 over stainmore on your bike lol

xtruckerlady:
Car on its own 60 single carriageway, 70 dual.
Car towing a trailer or caravan - 50 and 60

Many people think van speed limits are the same as cars, but this is not necessarily correct.

An Astra type van can travel at 60 or 70
A Transit type van is limited to 50 or 60.

ALL transit type vans? Care to go into a little more detail with that one?

Steve-o:
ALL transit type vans? Care to go into a little more detail with that one?

Car derived vans (the little vans that have front half the same as a normal car with the rear half as a van) have the same speed limits as cars - 60 on SC - 70 on Dual

All other types of van are - 50 on SC - 60 on dual

Where do the ‘midi’ size van come into this though?

Some of the Fiat range have the front off one of their strange looking cars (can’t remember the model name).

Just an observation, the speed limits on all roads are for max.permitted speed and not a requirement.

peirre:

If your 1000 bike is only doing 120 you’d better bring it round and let me sort out why it’s only running on 3 pots :laughing:

DoYouMeanMe?:

peirre:

If you 1000 bike is only doing 120 you’d better bring it round and let me sort out why it’s only running on 3 pots :laughing:

another obsevation by an old â– â– â– â– , Why do normally good intelligent truck drivers go mental when theyre on a bikeâ– â– ?

Speed limits are half way down the page.
direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr … /DG_070304

Rule 136
direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr … /DG_070308

DoYouMeanMe?:
Where do the ‘midi’ size van come into this though?

Some of the Fiat range have the front off one of their strange looking cars (can’t remember the model name).

If the chassis is that of a car that has a van body on it then it is a car derived van

Just asked a copper pal of mine and he told me that a connect swb is a car derived van, lwb is a van because of its mam being over 2 tonne.
My interest in this is because I have to buy 2 MPVs for team transport and was going to buy caravelles, now looking at chrysler voyagers which are classed more as cars. Strangely enough, the caravelle is classed as a car on it’s V5C, but still classed as a van for speed limits ( more a van derived car than the other way round) Now a Range Rover is a hell of a lot heavier, but can still do car speeds. Making sense of it all isn’t easy…

And Rocky.

Wish I knew the answer. I try to tell myself that every time I get on the thing, but it lasts about half a mile before the voices start and I turn into a total idiot. That’s why I have a mint GSXR1000 for sale and intend to buy a big heavy tourer. I thought after years on the track I would be able to ride sensibly on the road, I’m steady away in a truck and my van and car, but the minute I get on a fast bike I admit to being a ■■■■. Find the answer and I could keep the gixxer…