Speed Limits

Hello All

I am going to be doing my Class two training soon, after failing the first two times :blush:

Please could someone put up the speed limits on all types of roads because I seem to forget this and then get all confused on test as to wether I am speeding or not :open_mouth:

Paranoid or what? :laughing:

Thank you

In town, as signposted, ie. 20,30,40
other single carriageway 40
Dual carriageway 50
Motorway 60

I think this is correct, though Iā€™m sure it will be corrected if not
HTH

Looks good to me! :wink:

The thing is to remember if they are lamposts close together it is generally a 30 MPH area unless stated.(or less nowerdays)

Three things to remember.

Dual Carriageways. Some people are under the impression that ā€œDualā€ refers to two lanes in each direction. Wrong! ā€œDualā€ refers to two carriageways that are physically separated by a Kerb + Concrete/Grass/Barrier. Provided that there is a physical separation, then the 50 limit applies regardless of the number of lanes in each direction. (Unless lower speed limit is posted.)

On Urban roads, if you are unsure of the speed limit, then look into the side roads. If you can see 30 signs, then you are probably in a 40 limit (or higher)

Motorways, 60 mph, regardless of whether they are single or dual carriageways (unless a lower limit is posted) And yes, there are such things a single carriageway Motorways. The Eastern end of the M58 is a single carriageway (in one short section). Also, the A38(M) in Brum is a 7 lane single carriageway with a posted 50 limit. Trucks are entitled to use that road at 50 mph.

From the horseā€™s mouth:

highwaycode.gov.uk/09.shtml#103

HTHā€¦

also just to confuse you :smiley: :open_mouth: :smiley: limited access dual carrageways (ie no tractors) :smiley: is a 60

:blush: :blush: :blush: sorry ARE a 60

Hi Guys

Thanks for the tips

Just thought Iā€™d let you know I passed

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

6 Minor faults :astonished:

Great news! are you going on to C+E?

what ever you decide I am sure you will be happy driving around this great Country of ours!

Remember just because you passed you never stop learning! :wink:

well done that man :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:slight_smile: Well Done on the pass, Pete.

Well done & are we to assume that its Recovery work that you do/ want to do ?.

Cheers Guys

Still feeling preety pleased with myself :laughing:

I will do the C+E when I can get some more money together,

Yes I do the recovery work but I am the one in the van that turns up, has a go at fixing it and then calls in the heavy squad now and then,

I need the licence mainly for my job as we do a lot of MOTā€™s and Collecting and delivering before and after servicing the trucks, So I get to drive a wide range of trucks, Mainly Scania :laughing:

But I only get the drive them for about half an hour to an hour at a time, :cry:

But then if the job ever went ā€˜breasts upā€™ so to speak then the licence would be useful, Might have to blag about experience though :sunglasses:

Congrats on passing.

Clarification required if you are on a single carriageway and the posted speed limit is 50mph. Are trucks allowed to do 50mph are we restricted to 40mph

Mike:
Clarification required if you are on a single carriageway and the posted speed limit is 50mph. Are trucks allowed to do 50mph are we restricted to 40mph

40mph.

This is the national speed limit for trucks on single carriageway roads, youā€™re not allowed over 40mph on any of then regardless of what any signs say. Obviously where a limit lower than 40 is posted you use that instead though :wink:

Paul

Well done Discopete :slight_smile:

Congratulations Disco. :smiley: :smiley:

If you get the C + E you can join the big boys in 10 tonners that very, very occasionally pull a caravan.
or better still as you know a brake pad from an air filter you could do the big wrecker stuff.
I saw my boss towing a wrecker towing a 17 tonner yesterday. Wish Iā€™d had my camera as it would have made a great ā€œWell bossā€.
Serves our neighbour right for calling in someone else to tow on our door step.

repton:

Mike:

40mph.

This is the national speed limit for trucks on single carriageway roads, youā€™re not allowed over 40mph on any of then regardless of what any signs say. Obviously where a limit lower than 40 is posted you use that instead though :wink:

Paul

When I took my class 2 lessons, my instructor while traveling on a ā€œAā€ road but with speed signs showing 50 told me I could do 50. I did this on my test as well with no problems. My instuctor told me that the 40 is for when the ā€œnational speed limitā€ sign is showing. Now Iā€™m confused because Iā€™ve been driving like that for 6 months without anyone telling me Iā€™m doing wrong.

bobdylan:
When I took my class 2 lessons, my instructor while traveling on a ā€œAā€ road but with speed signs showing 50 told me I could do 50. I did this on my test as well with no problems. My instuctor told me that the 40 is for when the ā€œnational speed limitā€ sign is showing. Now Iā€™m confused because Iā€™ve been driving like that for 6 months without anyone telling me Iā€™m doing wrong.

Youā€™re doing wrong. :wink: