A66 Middlesbrough

If anyone’s heading that way to teesport a tanker has over turned so traffic is pretty manic, driver is ok as far as I’ve been told.
Dave

Here’s hoping the driver is alright, and the same for anyone else around at the time of the accident.

Looks like a familiar logo on the cab door to me, a company not 5 minutes drive from me.
Chaos around that area from what I hear!

Some poor beggar discovering the hard way that tankers and roundabouts don’t like each other. I wonder how long he’s been driving tankers? Wouldn’t be surprised if some plank in a transport office had just handed him the keys saying, “What d’ya mean you’ve never driven a tanker before? They’re all the bloody same son, it’s just like driving a car - only bigger. Now off you go and don’t be late!!”.

Diesel-truckin:
Here’s hoping the driver is alright, and the same for anyone else around at the time of the accident.

Looks like a familiar logo on the cab door to me, a company not 5 minutes drive from me.

I think I need to go to spec savers I couldn’t make out the name :confused:

dpt2011:

Diesel-truckin:

I can’t see the wording, but a blue box with white writing on a Renault Premium, just looks like a local company in Billingham, but I won’t mention the name…just in case! :open_mouth: Of course, I could be absolutely wrong but I’m just guessing.

Diesel-truckin:

dpt2011:

Diesel-truckin:

I can’t see the wording, but a blue box with white writing on a Renault Premium, just looks like a local company in Billingham, but I won’t mention the name…just in case! :open_mouth: Of course, I could be absolutely wrong but I’m just guessing.

Probably best although I’m sure it’ll be on the news tonight or in the gazette tomorrow!

More than likely I’d say. Either way, as long as there’s no injuries etc.

I’d hazard a guess that it happened on the exit of one of them roundabouts around Southbank. It’s always the exit that bites yer bum, slop to the right, then to the left, and then the final slop to the right that takes you over!

the driver is ok. a few cuts and scrapes to his head and bruised arms and legs.

Not being a tanker driver I’m going to ask a daft one. Is that slop one way then the other really that that it can have you over?? I thought there were baffle plates in those tanks to help stop the movement…

Hope driver is Ok, and back at it when he is ready.

F-reds

Hi F-reds.We have what we call forward momentum and the pendulum motion, The one that puts most tankers on there side is the pendulum. They say if you are doing more than 15 to 20 mph on a round about then that is too fast and there is a chance you will go over. The tanker i drive has 6 comps with baffles but you still get forward & side motion.

Ouch I definitely wouldn’t fancy that!!

Food grade tankers such as milk are never baffled as the baffles would turn the milk to butter. At best they are devided into 2 or 3 compartments but a lot are single pot barrels. Baffles don’t help with the pendulum affect even if they are fitted though.
The only way to safely drive a tanker around a roundabout is bloody slowly.

That would be why they don’t people like me loose on them!!