A week with Warby - looking for a copy

About 5 years ago I was fortunate enough to spend a week with Cliff Warby in the USA, and subsequently a write up of the week appeared in T&D, I have lost my copy and wondered if anyone had a copy they could scan, I think it got published around Decemeber 2004 but the dates could be wrong. Any help appreciated

I’ve definately got a copy I can scan for you, may take me a day or two to find it, I have boxes and boxes of mags, they are all date listed but will have to search through the piles. I will let you know when I find it, and if you haven’t had one sent I will do it.

A scan of the article would do if possible, rather than deprive anyone of their back issues, in the same issue was another article by Cliff about our trip to the Mid America Truck show at Louisville, a scan of that would be nice too…

Ill try and find it Rikki for, dont normally throw them away so should still have it. Incidentally what happened to Cliff havent heard anything in from in T&D in a while?

I hear from Cliff every now and then, had a call a few weeks ago, he was quite ill for a long time but is back pounding the highways of the USA. he doesnt have internet access atm on any sort of regular basis. I hope he soon gets back on-line as his moderator spot is still open for him (ex-pat’s).

For those who havent heard of Cliff, he was T&D’s USA correspondant for a long while, he moved to the USA from here and became an owner driver over there many years ago. A devout Englishman his truck was adorned with the British flag, his pickup had the number plate Brit 1 and he never ceased to point out to the Americans exactly where they were going wrong, which caused some “errrr” heated debates in redneck bars, (I know I was there for a couple of those “discussions”).

Cliff himself will tell you he has had a “colourful” past and to be perfectly frank he is one of those guys you either love or hate. There is much about Cliff that I (and Lucy) should dislike and we will argue with him all day and night over somethings , yet he was, and remains a very close friend.

Outspoken, a little brash, somewhat of an extrovert, but intensly loyal and generous - thats Mr Warby

Have a look on E-Bay Rikki, Magazines, Transportation ,Lorries. Ive bought quite a few old T&D and Truck magazines at reasonable prices on there

Hello Rikki,it looks as if you should get the material you require thanks to some fellow members.
Its good to here Cliff is ok. I first ran across him on my way back from California,heading for Atlanta,when he was working for M+S Carriers.
His tractor was full of union jacks,you couldn’t miss it.We spoke on the c b for a while, but as I was running at 73 mph and Cliff at 67 we soon lost the signal. I was part of a team operation at the time and with the trucks owner in the bunk and a tight schedule I was not able to stop,and chat.
However,a few months later I bumped into him at the Pilot Truck Stop on Interstate 10 in Marianna Florida.This time we had time to chat and he gave me a copy of T+D with the very article, you are requesting.If you need it I will dig it out.We met up fairly regularly for a while but if we missed each other while passing through we would relay messages through the girls on the fuel desk.I know he was ready to put his own truck on with M+S,but then came the sell off to Swift Transport.
Its a small world,please wish him all the best, Paul {taffy].

Still hoping that someone finds this and puts scan of it up on here :cry: :cry: :cry: