A question regarding test vehicle

Thank’s for the help Krankee, I’m gonna be keeping my eye on all the balls this time, if you could just clarify my question in the other post regarding reversing exercise that would be great.

Stocky:
Just to clarify, from the edge of the reversing area going backwards to the barrier is 750mm? Just nned to get this right,thank you.

Back again,

Well I didn’t fail :smiley: , but then again I didn’t pass either :frowning: .
Everything was set for the test, I was ready, the truck was ready so off we went, got there, met the examiner ,went through all the paperwork then headed back to the wagon to start the exercises, started the reversing, everything went great no problem’s, started to make our way to the braking area, when all of a sudden the examiner asked me to stop, he got out & went up to the other examiner who was there, he spoke to him, then they both then came back to the wagon & told me that the test couldn’t continue because as of today the 1st of April there has to be blind spot mirrors fitted to both sides for health & safety reasons, it was the first I had heard of it. He asked if I had received a letter from the DSA, which I replied ‘no’, as the test was booked on wednesday it must still be in the post.
To say I am gutted is an understatement, all that preparation & money wasted. I am hoping to get the fee back or another test, but I’m not hopeful :cry: . Now I’m just weighing up the pro’s & con’s as to wether or not I should continue with this, I just feel like the odd’s are stacked aginst me :frowning: .

Hi Mate

Same thing happend to me today about the mirrors.Now i have to wait for another test…I have not even done the first one yet.

That’s ridiculous!

I bet you are gutted - know I would have probably shot the examiner!!

Keep going though - it is worth it :wink:

flying_fenman:
I would have probably shot the examiner!!

It’s not the examiner who makes up the laws - they just follow them. :unamused: :unamused:

god that ■■■■■.

I guess you didnt do it in a training school vehicle in the end either?

marcustandy:

flying_fenman:
I would have probably shot the examiner!!

It’s not the examiner who makes up the laws - they just follow them. :unamused: :unamused:

Of course this is very true. It is not the examiner, to be fair. And I wouldn’t really shoot him. :wink:

But maybe just a small punch on the nose for being the bearer of bad news would have made me feel a little better! :laughing:

I can remember how nervous I was on my tests, and to not get a pass over something like that just seems so cruel. :frowning:

But hey - them’s the rules. Just gotta get back on the job and do the biz next time. :wink:

flying_fenman:
I can remember how nervous I was on my tests, and to not get a pass over something like that just seems so cruel. :frowning:

…and Stocky gets my sympathy’s also … but where does an examiner draw the line at turning a blind eye? Sooner or later ‘turning a blind eye’ would bite him on the arse i.e. as soon as a test doesn’t go the way the candidate wants it to, it could be thrown back at the examiner. It’s just easier for them (examiners) to stick to the rules, even if it does seem a bit tight!! :wink:

Good luck for when you eventually get to do the test, Stocky. Remember, the examiner isn’t looking to fail you, he/she just wants to see a safe drive so that they can pass you!! I can assure you, they get a better feeling from the saying the word “pass” than the other word!! :wink: :wink: