Applied Rigts

Hi guys, my first post here, so bear with me. Ive had a look around and although its probably been asked before, I can’t find it. Anyway, I passed my car test in '91 and have c and c+e on my licence. Am I right in thinking Im able to drive, now, a 7.5 t? Looking around I saw cpc, do I need this as well?
I think Im right in thinking Id need a digi tacho and drivers card as well.
The other thing is, if I am able to legally drive them, do any of the training places do a ‘get used to it’ Course? I have driven largish vehicles and trailers, but never a 7.5t.
I hope this has made sense and Id appreciate any info.
Thanks

Reading between the lines, I think you’ve got C1 and C1E on your licence. You will need driver cpc. You can do this by taking two tests: Mod 2 (case studies test at your local theory test centre) and Mod 4 (practical demonstration test at your local practical driving test centre - you will need to provide the vehicle). As said, this is two TESTS and, as such, can be failed.

The alternative is to book 35 hours of periodic driver cpc training with any approved trainer and the end result is the same.

Expect to pay around £300 for the test route or £400 for the periodic. Cheaper options are out there if the only thing that matters is price.

Phone round your local trainers; someone with a C1 will be happy to take you out for a while. When booking, make sure it is a 7.5 vehicle as opposed to something like a Daily Van which wouldn’t achieve what you want.

Any more questions, fire away. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you Peter. Thats exactly what I wanted to know.
Im going to phone today.
Really appreciated