A question about those dashboard table things

Dunno if anyone can help me here, but I could use one of these for my new R series, but i’m not sure whether they are different for left and right hand drive trucks?

I’m presuming it’ll be cheaper to pick one up from Belgium or suchlike (off there Sunday anyway) but I don’t want to find it won’t fit properly…

Any ideas?

Not much difference in price between UK and EU £18 here 25 euros there. Thats in the services, the most expensive places. Maybe cheaper in proper Truck Stops ? Don’t think you need a different one for right or left hand drive.
I think Transmarck have them.

If you are talking about the more expensive wooden ones, with a laminate finsih, then I think some of them are different for LH or RH drive, depending on where they are designed to fit on the dash. For instance the area of dash in front of the passenger seat is often the same in left and right hand models; however the centre area is different. It may not matter if both sides of all the wood are finished and you can just reverse the pieces during assembly.

Sorry chaps, I did mean the more sturdy wooden affairs.

Not sure about the Marlen ones though, they always struck me as a little over the top. I remember they used to do cheap plain black copies for a fraction of the price at Meer.

I’m just trying to avoid that awkward situation in an autohof trying to get my money back with an open box in my hand etc…

I got a good, solid, wooden one in Holland. It was a right hand drive version table, but it was very simple to put it together as left handed. There are a few pics on the site which it shows up in. You can’t tell the difference, as far as I can see.

i got a marlen table from the kuda website,very pleased with it