A nice gesture.

Good on Gilders for this,.well done.

Maybe too late now, but done before Putin moved in.

Good on him for that.

It is a nice gesture but I doubt that I’ve seen half-a-dozen Ukrainian-registered trucks in the UK in the last 20 years.

Make the same offer to ALL citizens of Europe and beyond including Russian drivers.

Their all jumping on it now, it’s great free advertising knowing that actually the take up on these offers will be zero to minimal, like all these companies that jumped on the back of NHS Heroes stickers on back of their wagons

Sadly most companies have an ulterior motive in my opinion and that is to reach out to an audience, and guess what William girders are being talked about.

Are Gliders still involved in second hand truck sales ?

Alfa1M:
Their all jumping on it now, it’s great free advertising knowing that actually the take up on these offers will be zero to minimal, like all these companies that jumped on the back of NHS Heroes stickers on back of their wagons

Sadly most companies have an ulterior motive in my opinion and that is to reach out to an audience, and guess what William girders are being talked about.

Wow,…and here’s me thinking that I’m the cynic. :smiley:

Harry Monk:
It is a nice gesture but I doubt that I’ve seen half-a-dozen Ukrainian-registered trucks in the UK in the last 20 years.

Just been on BBC ‘Look North’, there are 3 Ukranian drivers stuck at Langley Moor Co.Durham,.and parked up.
Locals have been helping them with food etc, one of them has got a load and been told to make for Poland.
The other 2 lads are sat there (unpaid) waiting to see what happens and relying on the local’s hospitality.
All say that their family homes are surrounded, and that they have been unable to make contact with any of them up to press.
Like most of us who have worked abroad, I can definitely empathise and sympathise with them, I just can’t imagine being sat waiting in another country and the uncertainty of my wife and family’s safety.

Not seen any Ukrainians, did see a Belarusian truck at Michael woods services, wondered why he was eyeballing me with a grin, didn’t realise he was Belarusian until I checked online!!!

Just saw this on Facebook

Hopefully these gestures of help are being done in Europe too there are a lot of Ukrainian drivers driving for Polish and Baltic state firms who will be having the same worries about their families and lack of access to money

whisperingsmith:
Just saw this on Facebook

If it’s free latte (one of my weaknesses) …then next time I’m down there my name’s Pavel. :laughing:

Mazzer2:
Hopefully these gestures of help are being done in Europe too there are a lot of Ukrainian drivers driving for Polish and Baltic state firms who will be having the same worries about their families and lack of access to money

I reckon they will you know.
I’ve had a few shared beers and the odd shared campion stew with Poles and the like in the past,.I’ve always found many (not all) East Euro drivers very civil on the whole (despite a few prejudices on here) and they do tend to stick together …unlike many Brit drivers. :bulb:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

I’ve had a few shared beers and the odd shared campion stew with Poles and the like in the past,.I’ve always found many (not all) East Euro drivers very civil on the whole (despite a few prejudices on here) and they do tend to stick together …unlike many Brit drivers. :bulb:

Whenever I’ve been parked next to a Ukrainian driver they will always chat to you was talking to one in Germany on Thursday morning he was working for a Polish firm but his home and family were in Ukraine. He was unsure as to what he was going to do, not much you can say to someone whose country has just been invaded that can be of comfort to him or without making yourself sound a ■■■■

Mazzer2:

robroy:

Mazzer2:

Whenever I’ve been parked next to a Ukrainian driver they will always chat to you was talking to one in Germany on Thursday morning he was working for a Polish firm but his home and family were in Ukraine. He was unsure as to what he was going to do, not much you can say to someone whose country has just been invaded that can be of comfort to him or without making yourself sound a ■■■■

I reckon the fact that you took the time to listen to him, and gave him the chance to talk about it would be enough mate,.and a help.
As I said, I couldn’t imagine myself being in the situation of not knowing if my wife and family were safe or not,.while I was away working…I like to know what is going on, like everybody else.

Am not convinced about all what we’re being told , those 13 soldiers who told the Russian navy to ZB off , were apparently blown to bits , given the highest honour you could get , have now apparently turned up alive & well
Then we’ve all the pictures of all these blown up Russian tanks , yet now we’ve a 3 mile convoy of Russian armaments ambling along a road with no-one seemingly bothered
Then we seem to be able to walk all these arms were sending to Ukraine straight in with the Russians apparently not doing anything about it , or can’t
Then there’s the picture of the two hard Ukraine army blokes saying god help any Russian who commes here , one of them was only saying last week he was a pen pusher for the government ( even my mrs said that’s the bloke who worked in a office last week
I was listening to a USA army general ( ex ) , and he said at the time some of what’s going on makes no sense whatsoever ever ,this is the Russian army we’re talking about baffling , and that’s coming from a ex army general , not me
Then we’ve got putin readying his nukes because what truss said , does putin & his general really take any interest in what truss says , i could understand if putin had said your supplying weapons that are killing Russians , so continue & we will nuke you , but no he’s not bothered about all the weapons we’re sending he’s more bothered about some remark from a Tory mp about go & fight if you want

I think a lot of companies may well be trying this as a bit of an advertising stunt, but it is still a good advert regardless of the motive… Let’s hope that more join this goodwill gesture as I think the way things are heading that this isn’t going to stop at just Ukraine. We could end up in the same position as Ukraine very easily with Putin, he has very similar to Hitlers ideals and look how that turned out. It isn’t looking good in my opinion.

Story In The Guardian:

Ukrainian lorry drivers stuck in UK inundated with support
Thirteen drivers unable to fund their fuel and toll passes to return home are stranded at Northamptonshire truck stop.

Standing in the rain in the middle of a Northamptonshire truck stop, a Ukrainian lorry driver video-called his wife and children, who grinned and waved at him on the screen despite the peril facing their country.

He is one of 13 drivers who have been stranded here for five days after the haulage companies they work for were unable to fund their fuel and toll passes in the midst of Russia’s invasion.

The group has been inundated with support from local people who have brought a steady stream of hot meals and warm clothes, and volunteers are working around the clock to fill the trucks with aid for the drivers to take with them back to Ukraine.

The Salvation Army has offered to cover the £6,000 needed to pay for the 200 litres of fuel for each lorry, while Dan Zenchuk, a local British-Ukrainian who runs a logistics company, has offered to cover the money needed for tolls across Europe.

The Full Story Is At: Ukrainian lorry drivers stuck in UK inundated with support | Ukraine | The Guardian

whisperingsmith:
Story In The Guardian:

Ukrainian lorry drivers stuck in UK inundated with support
Thirteen drivers unable to fund their fuel and toll passes to return home are stranded at Northamptonshire truck stop.

Standing in the rain in the middle of a Northamptonshire truck stop, a Ukrainian lorry driver video-called his wife and children, who grinned and waved at him on the screen despite the peril facing their country.

He is one of 13 drivers who have been stranded here for five days after the haulage companies they work for were unable to fund their fuel and toll passes in the midst of Russia’s invasion.

The group has been inundated with support from local people who have brought a steady stream of hot meals and warm clothes, and volunteers are working around the clock to fill the trucks with aid for the drivers to take with them back to Ukraine.

The Salvation Army has offered to cover the £6,000 needed to pay for the 200 litres of fuel for each lorry, while Dan Zenchuk, a local British-Ukrainian who runs a logistics company, has offered to cover the money needed for tolls across Europe.

The Full Story Is At: Ukrainian lorry drivers stuck in UK inundated with support | Ukraine | The Guardian

It’s nice to see that there are still a lot of good people about.
Kinda restores your faith in human nature.

Yep they’re still out there.