A nice gesture.

The Salvation Army has offered to cover the £6,000 needed to pay for the 200 litres of fuel for each lorry,

200 litres■■? you’re havin’ a laugh :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Alfa1M:
Their all jumping on it now, it’s great free advertising knowing that actually the take up on these offers will be zero to minimal, like all these companies that jumped on the back of NHS Heroes stickers on back of their wagons

Sadly most companies have an ulterior motive in my opinion and that is to reach out to an audience, and guess what William girders are being talked about.

Wow,…and here’s me thinking that I’m the cynic. :smiley:

Not much changes on this site does it,still all doom and gloom,thank christ I’ve now retired, well done to you for the post.

200 litres!!!
Someone has definitely misquoted or got their sums wrong.
My fat fingers put it more like 650litres per truck, which is about £13000 in total.
Depends where you buy the fuel, but that’s a different thread.
I had a comedy moment a couple of weeks ago whilst collecting from a furniture warehouse in Stalybridge. There was a Ukrainian driver already delivering when I arrived, his load of flat packed furniture had moved forward like dominoes. The guys in the warehouse driving the FLT were obviously new to the job, the comedy part was that none of us spoke each other’s language. The Ukrainian driver and I seemed to have an understanding but couldn’t communicate it to the FLT driver, I resorted to a demo of FLT manoeuvres complete with air steering wheel and reversing beeper.
It was all a bit Chuckle Vision!
Even though it was only a couple of weeks ago the blue and yellow and UAE (I think) on his number plate meant nothing to me, I had to Google it later to find out where he was from.

Obviously I meant UA for Ukraine.
United Arab Emirates is UAE :blush:

bobbya:

robroy:

Alfa1M:
Their all jumping on it now, it’s great free advertising knowing that actually the take up on these offers will be zero to minimal, like all these companies that jumped on the back of NHS Heroes stickers on back of their wagons

Sadly most companies have an ulterior motive in my opinion and that is to reach out to an audience, and guess what William girders are being talked about.

Not much changes on this site does it,still all doom and gloom,thank christ I’ve now retired, well done to you for the post.

If you think this thread is bad, check out the stuff on ‘Brexit’ and ‘Covid’, you’ll be wanting to ■■■■■ your wrists. :laughing:

robroy:

bobbya:

robroy:

Alfa1M:

If you think this thread is bad, check out the stuff on ‘Brexit’ and ‘Covid’, you’ll be wanting to ■■■■■ your wrists. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: