A merry Christmas for me

As some of you will know,I have been in our traffic office for the last couple of months,standing in for holidays,paternity leave etc etc,and that has meant that I haven’t been on here as much.

Well today,our regional manager,and my immediate boss got me in the office for a talk. ‘Oh oh,’ thinks me,'I wonder what I’ve done,looks like a rollocking.'But then I think to myself that I haven’t done anything to upset anybody,so I haven’t got anything to worry about.

I needn’t have bothered worrying,because I got some MAJOR praise off them both,and then my regional manager has offered me a promotion,if a contract he has been chasing,comes off.This comes with the blessing of head office,as well.

I will be running an entire new logistics operation in Yorkshire somewhere,which will probably mean goodbye to busy roads,car driving idiots,getting up at silly ‘o’ clock to start work,and no more nights out. :smiley:

In will probably come,more wonga,company car,better hours,and no weekend working. :smiley: Fantastic.

And to top this Christmas off,a friend who I haven’t seen for nearly 20 years,got in touch with me the other night,through that Friends Reunited website,so a bunch of us are having a brief meet up on Monday,near my parents house in Gateshead,probably followed by a good night on the lash in the near future.

Best Christmas for ages. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ken.

Good one Ken :smiley:

will be running an entire new logistics operation in Yorkshire somewhere,which will probably mean goodbye to busy roads,car driving idiots,getting up at silly ‘o’ clock to start work,and no more nights out.

will you need any class 2 drivers
mark

well done and good luck if it comes off ken :wink:

Expect quite a few PM’s from members in want of a job :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and if you need anything hauling in Canada :laughing:

Nice one mate, hope it goes well for you Quinny.

At this moment the deatils are very sketchy.The reason being,that whilst we were having said discussion,the distribution manager for the contract I currently drive/office ■■■■■ on,came into the office, (We run an open office door policy.) so the conversation got disrupted.

All I do know,is it will be between Wakefield and Ferrybridge area,and thats about it.Hopefully all will be revealed in the next couple of weeks.

Mark.We may need C2 drivers on the current job,which is moving to Huddersfield by March,the phasing in of the job starts in January.That’ll be at that big new Warehouse on Leeds Rd,next to the railway bridge.Some of our current boys may not be moving from Leeds to Huddersfield,due to their home locations,and at the moment,we run about 8 C2 rigids.If I hear of anything before I leave the current job,I’ll PM you with some details.

Ken.

Good news Ken, all the best M8! :smiley:

Good news but it will be sad to lose you from a site for drivers now that you have crossed to the other side ( que twighlight zone music) :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously tho good luck .