8hrs of my life gone!

did my 1st cpc session on saturday, never going to get those premium 8hrs family time back!

So it wasn’t productive then :laughing:

That’s just the start, you’ll be giving up those hours every year for the rest of your driving career, unless they ever decide to scrap it which is unlikely :frowning:

very…for the trainer!!!

Grayham:
That’s just the start, you’ll be giving up those hours every year for the rest of your driving career, unless they ever decide to scrap it which is unlikely :frowning:

I have just started taxi driving for my sins, any port in a storm and all that!
part of the deal now is we have to do an NVQ, paid for by the Government (at the moment) The guy taking the theory part of the NVQ said that the driver CPC will be coming to us as well in the next couple of years, so don’t feel to much like they are picking on truck drivers, they intend ■■■■■■■ everyone up the arse in the end by the looks of things :open_mouth: :imp:

currently pcv and anyone driving over 3.5t.

I agree though, did my 1st 1, waste of time and money. Right load of ■■■■■■■■, ■■■■■■’ gvt…

Only person to ever enter the houses of parliment with good intentions was… (you know the answer)

what did you contribute to the performance

This con is a waste of time and money :imp: :imp: :imp:

hitch:
what did you contribute to the performance

I contributed the fact that if you go over 13hrs working, then you’re into a reduced break.
This was not clearly explained in the course, and some of the other people there seemed suprised by it, I explained that your 11hrs must be taken within 24hrs of your start time, so if you’ve been on duty over 13hrs, you can’t possibly have 11hrs rest.

Other than that, nobody seemed to learn anything, maybe the other modules are different, but I ■■■■■■’ doubt it.

Sorry if it hurts, but it’s just yet another tax on the average working man.

We need a Politicians CPC, then we might get rid of some of the dead weights like the pm, deputy pm…

Did my first seven hours a coupke of months ago, the guy leading the course was way out on some of his info, like his claim that sidelights weren’t required for parking in a 30 limit after dark, as we were all lgv drivers on the course I pointed out his error by looking it up in the free highway code book he’d handed out, sidelights not required for parking in street lit urban areas with 30 mph speed limit, except vehicles exceeding 3.5 tonnes, he tried to brushed it off :unamused:
Another gem was his recomendation that as a guideline to keep within speed limits was use 3rd gear for 30 mph, 4th for 40mph :open_mouth: FFS. Sure that would keep the speed within the limits by doing that, the truck engine would be spinning at 20,000 rpm though :exclamation:
A true knob whose jumped on the gravy train, another candidate asked what the next 7 hr course would entail, he just shrugged his shoulders and said you’ll probably go through most of this again… :confused: Nooooooooooo

Drivers CPC is the iggest load of Ollocks going. NVQ now needed to be a taxi driver is even more ludicrous, if that’s possible.

We had the chance to get rid of this rubbish a few months ago and didn’t take it so I suggest if you’re not willing to do what it takes to see the back of this tripe, that you open your wallets and shut the ■■■■ up!

:bulb: If the training is a poor as some of you guys are suggesting (I fully accept what you’ve all said, and I’m not arguing) did you make suitable comments on the feedback form?

Nothing will happen if JAUPT/DSA don’t ultimately get to know about it, so no matter how justified your comments, I doubt that you’ll see any improvements for yourselves or others by only posting complaints on the forum.

JAUPT/DSA are very keen to keep improve the image of DCPC by dealing with the problems caused by dodgy trainers, so did you report the matter to the boss of the training school or to JAUPT/DSA?

Complaints procedure
In the first instance, dodgy trainers need reporting to their boss to give the boss an opportunity to take corrective action, if that fails then report them to JAUPT/DSA so they and/or the training school can be dealt with by the system.

The solution to dodgy trainers is in your own hands… You guys are paying good money for this DCPC lark, so why accept second best?

Methimks what wud happen if everyone boycotted this scam(I KNOW IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN) in 4yrs time and no one has this CPC there wud be no drivers able to do the job :open_mouth: WHAT THEN :confused: :confused: :confused:

dieseldave:
:idea: If the training is a poor as some of you guys are suggesting (I fully accept what you’ve all said, and I’m not arguing) did you make suitable comments on the feedback form?

Yes I did, and I explained to the trainer that it was nothing personal, but I was against this rip off bull ■■■

waynedl:

dieseldave:
:idea: If the training is a poor as some of you guys are suggesting (I fully accept what you’ve all said, and I’m not arguing) did you make suitable comments on the feedback form?

Yes I did, and I explained to the trainer that it was nothing personal, but I was against this rip off bull ■■■

Hi waynedl,
Nice one mate, cos even though I teach one of the subjects (ADR,) I agree that the DCPC is a rip-off in its present form!!
Most of us realise the DCPC is something that we’re all stuck with, so the only thing we can do is exactly what you did.
The ‘rip-off’ bit applies to the trainers too, cos they’re being charged an absolute fortune in ‘licencing’ fees by the Government. :smiling_imp:

As a DCPC customer, you have needs. One of those needs is for appropriate and accurate info to be given by the trainer.
Where the accuracy of the info given falls short, it should be reported so that action can be taken.

However, it’s not the trainer’s fault that anybody has to be there, so please make allowance for that and only criticise the trainer if he’s a crap at teaching or he hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about. :wink:

IMHO the real problem with DCPC is the way that JAUPT/DSA polices it that has led to DCPC falling so quickly into such disrepute. :imp:

dieseldave:

waynedl:

dieseldave:

Hi waynedl,
Nice one mate, cos even though I teach one of the subjects (ADR,) I agree that the DCPC is a rip-off in its present form!!
Most of us realise the DCPC is something that we’re all stuck with, so the only thing we can do is exactly what you did.
The ‘rip-off’ bit applies to the trainers too, cos they’re being charged an absolute fortune in ‘licencing’ fees by the Government. :smiling_imp:

As a DCPC customer, you have needs. One of those needs is for appropriate and accurate info to be given by the trainer.
Where the accuracy of the info given falls short, it should be reported so that action can be taken.

However, it’s not the trainer’s fault that anybody has to be there, so please make allowance for that and only criticise the trainer if he’s a crap at teaching or he hasn’t got a clue what he’s on about. :wink:

IMHO the real problem with DCPC is the way that JAUPT/DSA polices it that has led to DCPC falling so quickly into such disrepute. :imp:

In all honesty, the trainer was a decent guy with a lot of knowlege about the industry and rules, just didn’t clearly explain that 1 thing that not a lot of people in the room seemed to know, but did the stuff that they all knew.

I did rate him high on the sheet, just not the course.

I’d consider the adr module next I think, at least then I’m getting extra out of it, rather than just ■■■■■■■ money and, even more valuable, time down the drain

waynedl:
I’d consider the adr module next I think, at least then I’m getting extra out of it, rather than just ■■■■■■■ money and, even more valuable, time down the drain

You can get 21 DCPC hours for a ‘basic’ ADR course, which is Core, Packages and seven UN Classes.

Some training schools have got the whole ADR approved and gets 28hrs, and some have put a concoction of drivers’ hours and first-aid on the end so that you could get the whole 35hr requirement done and dusted in a 5.5-day week.

The crazy thing about DCPC is that even if you fail all the ADR exams (not very likely TBH) you’d still get your DCPC anyway!! :smiley:

dieseldave:

waynedl:

You can get 21 DCPC hours for a ‘basic’ ADR course, which is Core, Packages and seven UN Classes.

Some training schools have got the whole ADR approved and gets 28hrs, and some have put a concoction of drivers’ hours and first-aid on the end so that you could get the whole 35hr requirement done and dusted in a 5.5-day week.

The crazy thing about DCPC is that even if you fail all the ADR exams (not very likely TBH) you’d still get your DCPC anyway!! :smiley:

That sounds ideal, I’ve got 7hrs under my belt now, so the 28 ADR would do nicely.

If I finish my 35hrs this year, does my 5yrs start again straight away, or is it added on to the end of my ‘grandfather rights’ time?

waynedl:

dieseldave:

waynedl:

That sounds ideal, I’ve got 7hrs under my belt now, so the 28 ADR would do nicely.

If I finish my 35hrs this year, does my 5yrs start again straight away, or is it added on to the end of my ‘grandfather rights’ time?

It goes on the end mate, so you’d be in the clear and out of the classroom until 2019. :smiley:
If you box clever, you can redo your ADR just before it expires and still have those hours counted for your next DCPC. :wink: