Driver CPC starts

Well, all booked and paid for, I start the driver CPC 35 hour periodic training on Saturday with Yorkshire Driver Training in Leeds…

They seemed very helpful and had 5 dates on Saturday’s for me to attend whch fits in with my only available day and also fits in nice with the Company that offered me the job a couple of weeks ago… I told them a couple of months and they are happy with that…

I am doing these modules

Sat 28/Sep/19 Fuel Efficient and Safe Driving
Sat 19/Oct/19 Vulnerable Road Users
Sat 09/Nov/19 Drivers Hours and Digital Tachographs
Sat 23/Nov/19 Safety of Loads on Vehicles
Sat 30/Nov/19 Drink & Drugs Awareness

As a bonus there are fresh rumours of redundancy so hopefully that will come in the next couple of months as well and I get paid off… BONUS!! keep my sanity and get a bit of cash lol…

Looking forward to the training really, scared of the big jump I am about to make, scared about getting behind the wheel of an artic after 30 years, but excited at the challenge…

See how things go…

Stuart

Mentally prepare yourself for boredom on a scale far greater than you have ever imagined was possible. You’ll think “I’ll look at the clock again, it must be a couple of hours since I last looked”, only to find that it is three minutes. :wink:

Harry Monk:
Mentally prepare yourself for boredom on a scale far greater than you have ever imagined was possible. You’ll think “I’ll look at the clock again, it must be a couple of hours since I last looked”, only to find that it is three minutes. :wink:

So just like where I work now lol… that is why i may “jump ship” rather than wait to be made redundant, driving me insane at the moment… and VERY difficult to do 40 miles each way every day…

Don’t jump Stuart. Take the redundancy. Apart from the fact that it’ll be owed to you, you can always think of it as free money to put towards your next hare brained scheme! :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Don’t jump Stuart. Take the redundancy. Apart from the fact that it’ll be owed to you, you can always think of it as free money to put towards your next hare brained scheme! :smiley: :smiley:

On one hand I keep thinking “stick it out” but it is really difficult now to get up and drive 40 miles to sit bored stiff in an office with no direction from anyone just finding pointless stuff to do… I really enjoyed my job which is why I did it for so long, but not now, it is getting very depressing… all the remaining staff are just waiting but for the amount I would get (13 years) my sanity and hapiness is more important…

As I say the rumours are going around again so hopefully they will do it soon and I benefit all round, if not once the CPC is sorted i can then decide what to do, the job offer is there if I want it…

7 hours now done, 28 left over the next couple of months :slight_smile:

I must say I have really enjoyed the course today and the way it was presented, I can recommend Yorkshire Driver Training in Leeds…

Today was

Sat 28/Sep/19 Fuel Efficient and Safe Driving

Learnt some useful stuff after all the years out the industry and looking forward to the remaining modules…

Next one 19th October… Bring it on…

And out of 10 I think only a couple seemed to be there under protest lol

I also would stick around for the redundancy , you could ask them for a golden goodbye for a little bit less.

alamcculloch:
I also would stick around for the redundancy , you could ask them for a golden goodbye for a little bit less.

That has crossed my mind already, when I get the Driver CPC and confirm 100% that the job on offer is still on offer (i think it will be), you never know I may ask the right people… although, as I say if the talk around the last couple of weeks is true I may be lucky lol …

But I did really enjoy the module today, after all these years I suppose I may have been more interested than some, some were they “because they had to”

Quick question regarding digital tachograph cards…

A new smart tachograph will be mandatory from the 15th June 2019 on newly registered vehicles… I have read that the tachograph card for these is different, and although the old cards will work they will not store all the information the smart tachograph …

When I renewed my licence late August/early September I got the tachograph card, will this be the new type card? I have asked the DVLA to see if they can say… I would have thought as this was new a couple of months after the smart tachograph was introduced it “should” me a smart tachograph card…

What do you think?

Stuart