8 wheeler wages

alright folkes, iv been driving class1 fridges for abt 10 year since i passed my test both uk and european, a bit fed up wae it now since the birth of my son and want to be home more. been offerd a local job on an 8 wheel tipper on muckaway work and delivering stone for new road projects. thing is i cant get a straight answer about the wages. percentage work. can anyone give me an idea what kind of money i could expect to make in central scotland

Can’t help with Scotland wages but I know that the lads down in Essex an earn good money, that said they have to earn it. Probably a similar story wherever.

I think going from reefers for 10 years to tipper would be quite a shock to the system :open_mouth:

In the Cornwall you’d be looking at £8 per hour,£10 an hour on nightwork.

well there used to be an old saying …tipper drivers - two for a pound

Around £8.00 per hour in manchester area,cant see it being much different where you are.It really is hard graft,lots of stress trying to get the amount of loads out that is required for that particular job and its go go go all day long,especially on muck shifting,but you will be home every night…

red eye:
Around £8.00 per hour in manchester area,cant see it being much different where you are.It really is hard graft,lots of stress trying to get the amount of loads out that is required for that particular job and its go go go all day long,especially on muck shifting,but you will be home every night…

got a mate on tippers he gets a set wage which is pretty low then its bumped up with the ammount of tips he got done hence you never see a slow tipper, but i think he earns 340 to 400 take home works every other sat but home handy cos quarry’s usually close at t tiime, plus depends what your pulling if it muck then u will be busy, probably opposite scale to fridge work