7.5t weight limit question

with 7.5 weight limits it would seem on nearly every road nowadays :imp: :imp: when you come off a trunk road/motorway etc it got me pondering.

what was the first ever road in the uk to get one of these signs/restriction and why were trucks using that road :question: :question: was it a shortcut :question:

cheers

most 7.5t weight limits seem to be completely pointless, there are no weak bridges or narrow roads, its just the numptys “we don’t want trucks down here” brigade complaining to councils etc. I go to a place in London quite regular and drive in the same route every time, there are no signs on the way in, but on the way out its got a “leaving 5t zone” sign :unamused:

Them 7.5t bridges are alot stronger than they look :laughing:

Went over a WEAK one the other day which had no sign coming from my end but going back that way low and behold its said weak bridge, thanks for the info :unamused:

If you check out where the local councillors and other influential people live, it usually gives you a clue as to where any 7.5 limits might be in a town or village!

They don’t seem to be as common down here in Wales as they are in England for some reason. In this area, if you come across a weight limit there’s usually a good reason for it, normally a narrow medieval bridge.

Only time I ever get any hassle off people for using restricted roads (essential if you’re delivering to farms) is tourists who think that the Gower peninsula and Pembrokeshire are one massive theme park, they don’t realise that the local economy is basically agriculture and large HGV’s are an essential part of the job.

gnasty gnome:
If you check out where the local councillors and other influential people live, it usually gives you a clue as to where any 7.5 limits might be in a town or village!.

There talks someone who has as much faith in the “system” :unamused: as me :wink:

Maybe it should be an offence to vote/carry on a prohibition notice etc on something that affects you personally.

While we’re at it can we sack all welsh and scottish MP’S seeing as they have their own “Democratic” assemblies can’t see any reason to pay lazy scrotes twice :imp:

I drive a lorry, ride a motorcycle and drive a car, but it doesn’t mean I want articulated trucks driven past my door 24/7 on unsuitable roads, if I need a delivery to my home or the building site need bricks, then access is allowed, however the Tesco or Morrison truck taking an imaginary shortcut between two motorways just disturbs the tranquility of village life. When I ride my motorcycle I respect the speed limits past schools and through pretty villages, as it isn’t very big, clever or difficult to ride a bike at 70 mph through a 30 limit.

There are many good A roads in the UK, most are not known about by modern drivers from out of the immediate area, it comes down to sat nav, eventually no one will be able to visualise our road network, it has probably already happened.

If anyone has encountered the TIR Tranzit routes, then the lorry diversions went on for many kilometers. Through the town or over the mountain? :stuck_out_tongue:

I haven’t a clue where the first weight limit was, but probably somewhere like York, Chester or London to protect Britain’s crumbling heritage

the one that pee me off are like the one in leeds 7.5 t yet buses use it, its on majority of bus routes so much so that there can be 3 buses at a time on it, surely more then 7.5 t