Weight limits wording

So the hi way code reads that a 7.5t weight limit means no vehicles over 7.5t but douse that include my lorry witch is a 7.5t er.

Could someone explain to me if I’m in a 7.5t lorry can I use road with the standard no 7.5t sign as the restriction is only on all heavier vehicles classes.?

Or is it the case that the restriction prohibits all hgvs, so any vehicles over 5t(vans).?

Cheers.

IIIIHEAVYIIII:
So the hi way code reads that a 7.5t weight limit means no vehicles over 7.5t but douse that include my lorry witch is a 7.5t er.

Could someone explain to me if I’m in a 7.5t lorry can I use road with the standard no 7.5t sign as the restriction is only on all heavier vehicles classes.?

Or is it the case that the restriction prohibits all hgvs, so any vehicles over 5t(vans).?

Cheers.

A HGV is any lorry over 7.5 tons a 7.5 ton isn’t a HGV.

I’f the limit sign says 7.5 ton then nothing above 7.5 ton can use the road unless it’s says except for access.

So yes you can use 7.5 ton weight limits as you are not over 7.5 ton.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Drivers have been fined for using the old bridge in Bradford on Avon as its marked up as 18 ton but in an artic and empty, the truck and trailer weighs about 15 ton but they assumed they were under the 18 ton limit but get a surprise when the brown envelope drops on the mat for a court appearance.

Sky Captain:
Drivers have been fined for using the old bridge in Bradford on Avon as its marked up as 18 ton but in an artic and empty, the truck and trailer weighs about 15 ton but they assumed they were under the 18 ton limit but get a surprise when the brown envelope drops on the mat for a court appearance.

Accurate because the weight limit is the MAM maximum authorised mass in that case 18ton, means any vehicle with a MAM over 18tpn cannot use it. It makes no difference whether the vehicle is loaded or unloaded to weight limits, only it’s MAM.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

I can confirm this is true, I have an official caution for driving an unladen 26t mgw over the Bradford on Avon bridge.

Weight limits are based on plated max weights, not your actual current weight.