7.5 tonners

just curious done a couple of shifts mutlidrop in a seven and a half tonner, what are the speed limits for this vehicle

i have been treating it as 30/40/50/60

cheers

Flipside

Single Carriageway : 50
Dual Carriageway : 60 (Newer vehicles since 2000ish legally restricted to 56mph)
Motorway : 70 (Newer vehicles since 2000ish legally restricted to 56mph)

Unless signed otherwise.

Another side note. IF your limited you CANT use the outside lane on a 3+ lane motorway. Seen way too many 7.5 tonne drivers doing this lately.

Flipside:
just curious done a couple of shifts mutlidrop in a seven and a half tonner, what are the speed limits for this vehicle

i have been treating it as 30/40/50/60

cheers

Flipside

NSL sc = 50
NSL dual = 60
M’way = 70 and can use lane 3
M’way = 56 limited cannot use lane 3

cheers BigJon

my second man was right, :blush:, this will cost me some coffee now i think i was treating it as a Class 2

Flipside

just looked in highway code 4 u and got here

good vechicles not exceeding 7.5 tonnes laden weight is
built up is 30
single carriage is 50
dual carriage is 60
then got ere motorway 70 but if ur truck can do tht

ach well , i am payed by the hour, drama is that my second man is not he he he, we have had a few choice words over these shifts and the speed i drove at. Thanks god i dont drive the often, give me a class 1 any day except a DAF :wink:

thanks for the info lads

Flipside

is your 2nd man a driver? I always point out that its my licence and my £2k that paid for it, and no amount of them ‘moaning’ will make me do anything that puts that licence at risk

he is a a driver m8, but only a car license i am the same i wont do anything that will put my license at risk either and if unsure i stick to what i know is right so i drove this 7.5 tonner at the speed limits for a class 2 :smiley: .

You’re allowed a higher limit when driving a 7.5tonner but this doesn’t mean you have to drive at that speed :smiley: