7,5 tonners

I was driving one for last two days. And now I am concerned:

can I still do 50 on single carriage roads? Or I have to do 40? Is it any matter that it’s limited to 56? And if I can’t, why all the sings on the roads says “40” with a picture of the lorry with > 7,5t? They are just outdated?

As well: can I still do 60 on dualcarriage roads?

Your 7.5ton was limited■■? I don’t think I have ever seen a 7.5 tonner doing 56mph or under

bubsy06:
Your 7.5ton was limited■■? I don’t think I have ever seen a 7.5 tonner doing 56mph or under

It was. But it looked as a 12 tonner… Maybe that’s why :wink:

all 7 n half tonners are limited now to 55/ 56

its mainly ur older ones that not had their limiters changed that dont do the 56 set

at my work they used to be set to 65 but was changed in 2007 to 56

GAZLEEDS:

its mainly ur older ones that not had their limiters changed that dont do the 56 set

Ok, so what about normal roads? Can I do 50 on single carriage road?

I may be wrong but I thought 7.5t were running the same rules as all other trucks
40 single carriageway
50 dual carriageway
60 Motorway

ryly1979:
I may be wrong but I thought 7.5t were running the same rules as all other trucks
40 single carriageway
50 dual carriageway
60 Motorway

That what I thought, but then, I was not sure so I was doing 45 :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

as far as I’m aware its 50,60,70 :slight_smile: or uhm 56,56,56 :smiley:

GAZLEEDS:

not true my friend

any 7.5 tonner first registerd before 2001 does not need a limiter

and therefore the following speedlimits apply
50 single carriageway
60 dual carriageway
70 Motorway

those registerd after 2001 need a limiter
and the following speed limits apply

50 single carriageway
60 dual carriageway
70 Motorway

but remember if uve got a limiter u cant use the third lane of a motorway

orys:

can I still do 50 on single carriage roads? Or I have to do 40? Is it any matter that it’s limited to 56? And if I can’t, why all the sings on the roads says “40” with a picture of the lorry with > 7,5t? They are just outdated?

those signs mean lgvs with a gross weight greater than 7.5 tonnes

farmer:
any 7.5 tonner … the following speedlimits apply
50 single carriageway
60 dual carriageway
70 Motorway

I knew you meant the outer lane of a motorway with more than two lanes but I wanted to be pedantic :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

orys:

As well: can I still do 60 on dualcarriage roads?

The sign you see at the side of the roads is saying anything OVER 7.5t the limit is 40. For you in your little puddle jumper it’s 50 :wink:

ROG:

farmer:
any 7.5 tonner … the following speedlimits apply
50 single carriageway
60 dual carriageway
70 Motorway

I knew you meant the outer lane of a motorway with more than two lanes but I wanted to be pedantic :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

yeah i know rog

but i couldnt be arsed looking for the full explanation

Talking to a mate yesterday that works for a company that has a fleet of 35 vehicles with 20 of them being 7.5 ton and under and 12 of them being 3.5 ton Sprinter vans, every single one of them is limited to a max of 56 now, it used to be a ball ache in a truck stuck on the limiter but in a van that’s capable of almost double that would be hell, unless it’s empty I can’t see that you would need top gear, it would just be too high a ratio. :unamused:

7.5t not allowed in 3rd lane…PERIOD! Copper in Somerset had me over it last year.

bigvern1:
7.5t not allowed in 3rd lane…PERIOD! Copper in Somerset had me over it last year.

The cop is WRONG - those with 56mph limiters are not allowed in the outer lane of a motorway with more than 2 lanes - unlimited 7.5s are allowed in any lane unless signs dictate otherwise

brados:
Talking to a mate yesterday that works for a company that has a fleet of 35 vehicles with 20 of them being 7.5 ton and under and 12 of them being 3.5 ton Sprinter vans, every single one of them is limited to a max of 56 now, it used to be a ball ache in a truck stuck on the limiter but in a van that’s capable of almost double that would be hell, unless it’s empty I can’t see that you would need top gear, it would just be too high a ratio. :unamused:

I suspect that £1.20 a litre is the reason.