6 months into it (C+E)

:open_mouth: Doesn’t time fly!?

Well, there’s not a great deal to tell really :blush: The majority of my work’s still with Brakes, trunking to their depots at night.

I just about mastered reversing but it’s been a bit quiet the last few weeks and I’ve gone a bit rusty but I’m still better than I was when I first started. I’m still with the agencies and still fed up with their B/S, now that I’ve got a little experience I’m applying for just about anything local and anything that sounds fun elsewhere. Idealy I’d like to do some more tramping though as I enjoy the peace.

Other than Brakes, I’ve done a fair bit for wilkinsons at worksop but didn’t like it - the people in the office haven’t got a clue (and the girls obviously weren’t taken on just because of their c.v. :wink: ) and don’t want anything to do with you once you’ve got your paperwork and keys. Not to mention the sheds they expect you to drive / tow.

I’ve done odd days elsewhere but usually the work no-one else wants and I’ve quickly found out why :imp: so I now try to stick to the few that I know are good jobs.

Overall, I’m still enjoying it and now that I’m keeping an eye on my hours instead of trusting the agency I’ve stopped getting infringements (touch wood).

The only real problem I’ve got to overcome now is getting a full time job - I’m well and truely fed up with the agencies and it’s starting to get me down.

For the other newbies out there; there’s work to be had - you’ll normally end up with the real dregs but it does all help and looks better than nothing at all when you’re applying for full time jobs - but having worked somewhere through an agency doesn’t usually help because they have to pay the agency a fee if they take you on - which puts them off quite badly (but not always).

Hi have my class 1 , have tried wilkinsons but no success, who do you go through? also any contacts you could provide would be helpful,
doing class 2 till its coming out of my ears with agencies , but thats not why i got my class 1. Hopefully something will materialise soon.
Thanks Chris

whitty:
Hi have my class 1 , have tried wilkinsons but no success, who do you go through? also any contacts you could provide would be helpful,
doing class 2 till its coming out of my ears with agencies , but thats not why i got my class 1. Hopefully something will materialise soon.
Thanks Chris

I was going there through lincolnshire staffing solutions though I wouln’t recommend them unles you’re really desperate, one of the lads in wilkinson’s office recommended an agency called express (I never looked into it though). Wilkinsons probably isn’t a bad job to be starting on but the attitude around the place wasn’t for me.

As an update, I now have a full time job - it’s not the best but I’m happy to be away from the agencies.