3K ohhh dear !!!!!

Hi ,
Not been on for a while,
I,ve just been catching up , and have been reading that a full C+E
may cost up to £3,000 now ,

Since i paid about £1200 3 years ago , maybe things might change in our industry…

It is no longer such a cheap fast option of gaining a qualification that may pay only £7 p/h ?

Surley there will be fewer new driver as it takes longer and costs considerably more money,
so in theory fewer drivers ?

Best wishes to all newbies ,
hopefully you will all pass first time …

It is easily possible to go from B to CE for much less than £3k - the £3k is likely to be the very TOP amount needed

As you realise ROG ,
It probably has doubled in 3 years to gain a C+E ,
Whilst wages have fallen ,

So i stand by my statment that HGV driving is not
such a quick fix to gain a qualification and a decent career.

Macka Packa:
So i stand by my statment that HGV driving is not
such a quick fix to gain a qualification and a decent career.

You may well be correct in the current economic climate but it is unlikely to be this way forever so getting the licence now and using it as an investment for the future is still a good idea if it can be afforded

i dont think there has been as many new passes on the site since september? any thoughts

I’ve not seen hardly any posts recently of new passes… when i did mine few months back there were a few people a week who were passing…

Mine cost around 2250 and it’s more than worth it now, fallen on my feet.

philmots:
… i did mine few months back … Mine cost around 2250 …

I know that was before the new initial driver cpc but did that include the medical, theory and any retests :question:

ROG:

philmots:
… i did mine few months back … Mine cost around 2250 …

I know that was before the new initial driver cpc but did that include the medical, theory and any retests :question:

Medical was £42, theory was (can’t quite remember) £35 and £18 remember one bein more than another… class 2 training inc test 995, class 1 1100ish, i’ll find out the exact price and post up, could be nearer to 2.5k, all first time passes.

philmots:
Medical was £42, theory was (can’t quite remember) £35 and £18 remember one bein more than another… class 2 training inc test 995, class 1 1100ish, i’ll find out the exact price and post up, could be nearer to 2.5k, all first time passes.

Thank you very much - it gives a greater perspective on what the price maybe now

It does seem that the introduction of the initial CPC has killed of the number of people wanting to take LGV training, especially based on the evidence provided on this forum, but I’m still seeing the 2 major swindon training companies doing the rounds whilst i’m out and about at work, so they still seem quite busy. This is good for Frank, who admitted to me while I was doing my C+E training that he was seriously concerned that his business was going to go under when the CPC was introduced. I’m still thinking that it was the best plan to get the C done beforehand and thank the deities that I only need to do a retest on C+E.

you’d be much better moving a little further up North where value for money still counts and if you dont go home with change from 2k then summats seriously wrong :blush:

Tunny43:
you’d be much better moving a little further up North where value for money still counts and if you dont go home with change from 2k then summats seriously wrong :blush:

ooh… I like a challenge… :wink:
£2k limit for C & CE with a first time pass in everything
Medical £49
DSA test fees total £365 - £230 of that may be included in the training fees
Practical training for Module 4 driver cpc = £■■?
Practical training for C = £■■?
Practical training for CE = £■■?

As i said its a Northern thing but i can chip £19 off the medical straight away :unamused: £30 Hall st medical ctr St Helens. VFM every little helps :laughing:

Tunny43:
As i said its a Northern thing but i can chip £19 off the medical straight away :unamused: £30 Hall st medical ctr St Helens. VFM every little helps :laughing:

If you have the full details of that medical place and it is available to everyone at that price then please post it as it can be added to THE CHEAP MEDICAL POST