36 Pallets will it come off?

Reading this weeks Commercial Motor they were on about plans to increase vehicle lengths with a mention of 36 Euro Pallets being carried, just quickly read the article but whats your thoughts?

I think it’s time that the vehicles were allowed to be longer but the mention of 25mtrs :open_mouth: but 82ft in length could be a bit over the top coz you can guarantee some smart office junior would plan it to use country lanes and city centres etc.

Davey

We take 36 Euro Pallets into Aldi on a regular basis …on a 45 footer :unamused: :laughing:

Pat

Davey. I suspect somebody got the numbers wrong in the article. 36Euro’s is no problem now.

Pat:
Davey

We take 36 Euro Pallets into Aldi on a regular basis …on a 45 footer :unamused: :laughing:

Pat

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: yet another case of the press misleading the reader then :confused: :confused: :confused:

But then again, they were saying that a 45 footer must have chamferred corners or something on the trailer for it to fall under EC legislation, as technically all these 45ft containers are illegal on ordinary trailers, however it did say that the authorities tend to ignore this.

They may have meant 36 standard pallets :confused:

Looks like I’m going to have to read the article fully :blush:

Davey Driver:

Pat:
Davey

We take 36 Euro Pallets into Aldi on a regular basis …on a 45 footer :

How do you manage to get 36 euros on a 13.6 m trailer without stacking them?

Correct me if i`m wrong but the dimesions of a euro pallet ai 1.20x80 ?

36 pallets would take 14.4m i would of thought.

Whatever,… we have enough room on our Lawrence David 45 footers, to take them and thats placed three across the trailer too :laughing:

Pat

i deliver 36 euro,s regular at aldi darlo in a 45ft box…

So there is a God then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat

Robbies Dad:
We take 36 Euro Pallets into Aldi on a regular basis …on a 45 footer :

How do you manage to get 36 euros on a 13.6 m trailer without stacking them?

Correct me if i`m wrong but the dimesions of a euro pallet ai 1.20x80 ?

36 pallets would take 14.4m i would of thought.

I was wondering the exact same thing. Either Aldi are not using standard sized Euro pallets, quite possible, or the trailers are over length, unlikely. Euros 3 across x 12 down would come out at 14.40m and if they were two across x 18 that comes out at 14.40m as well. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Aldi use standard sized Euro’s and I can assure you our trailers are not overlength.
They just fit inside the door posts :wink: :laughing:

Pat

Do the maths Pat 36 standard euro pallets need 14.4m.

I’m doing the facts, I’ve been delivering 36 euro pallets into Aldis on a regular basis for some time now

Right so either some are double stacked or your trailer has a 14.4m load space.

No Coffee, they are all on the deck as we’re O Terry’s, no doubt!!!

Perhaps you’d like to doubt his integrity too :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Pat

to settle the argument , next time someones in aldi just measure the pallets and report back :stuck_out_tongue: :unamused: :wink:

jon

yip

Well I can get 39 on my motor so there :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Mind you I have got a road train :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I’m not doubting anyones integrity Pat. I’m just saying that the maths don’t work. As they are not double stacked and you are using a 13.6 m trailer then the pallets cannot be 1.20m x 0.80m (standard euro pallet). You say they are 3 across so that means they will be 0.80m but they must be shorter than 1.20m otherwise you wouldn’t get 36 on.

3 across by 11 down = 33 pallets = 13.20m = 40cm unused floor space

3 across by 12 down = 36 pallets = 14.40m = 80cm sticking out of the back doors. (or 3 left over for jimti to load. :wink: :smiley: )

OK Coffee…have it your way then…I don’t deliver 36 pallets on a 45 foot trailer :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Happy now :question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :question:

Funny how I always get out of security though, with 36 M/T’s on board :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Pat,

It’s not my way Pat it’s simple maths which you seem to be having a problem with. Surely you can see that something doesn’t add up :question: :question: :question: :question:

I only started this as a matter of curiosity as to how it was done given the sizes of the pallets and the trailers but you don’t seem to want to explain that and just want to turn the thread into something it isn’t, as usual.