Pallets

Hi All,
Just a quick question, I’m sure someone will know the answer.

On a normal trailer you can get 26 standards pallets on.
The other day I had to collect Euro pallets and I got 33 on loading them long ways and three across.

How many would I have got on if I had just put them on two across as normal?

I only had to collect 33 so there was no worries but was wondering if I could have squeezed another couple on if I had to by loading the other way. I didn’t want to take them all off again to try it the other way :confused: :confused:

Hi Bren,

UK Pallets are 1200 x 1000mm and Euro Pallets are 1200 x 800mm so are clearly narrower along one side.

The amount you can get on depends on which way around you lay them and you would probably get your 33+ on but it depends what’s on them and what each pallet weighs you may need to watch axle weights.

15 * 800 = 12000

therefore 13600 - 12000 = 1600

so you would think that it would be possible to get another 4 euros on …but you cant so you put the last 3 length ways and still only load 33 at least its easy to close the doors :frowning:

you get the same amount on trl both ways.weather you put 3 across all the way till you get to rear doors then turn the last 2.or if you put 2 all the way and turn the last 3.you get the same amount m8.does not make one bit of differance. :wink: :wink:

CM:
The amount you can get on depends on which way around you lay them and you would probably get your 33+ on but it depends what’s on them and what each pallet weighs you may need to watch axle weights.

Didn’t have to worry about weights, it was a full load of walkers crisps :smiley: :smiley:

Bren:

CM:

Didn’t have to worry about weights, it was a full load of walkers crisps :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :unamused: :laughing:

Why is it that crisps are only for walkers…isnt that discrimination against runners…joggers…and other keep fit fanatics like myself. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

And you can get 594 palletts in a 100m3 trailer and they weigh 16 tonnes :stuck_out_tongue: whichever way you load em

Walkers■■?

Last time I did some agency work for them I ended up thinking there was a spelling mistake in their name; should it be an L or a an N :question: