30 pallet trailer

Took some pics. for those who haven’t seen them.

Good stuff ! Thanks for the photos !

I have the unfortunate necessity to pull these [zb] things on a semi regular basis and to be honest they frighten the life out of me,the back swing is incredibly wide and the thought of wiping out a somebody just going past minding thier own business worries me,also the room you need at DCs makes it just more hassle.

its only an extra 6 feet longer whats so bad about that. just think of it as a 45 with a moffet stapped to its arse

i really dnt see what all the fuss is about tbh :laughing: its an extra six foot give or take :unamused:

Id have thought the same,no big extra,but the last pic makes it look very long.

gonzothejaffa1:
i really dnt see what all the fuss is about tbh :laughing: its an extra six foot give or take :unamused:

What he said :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

billybigrig:

gonzothejaffa1:

What he said :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what they said :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

They are 7 1/2 ft longer with rear steer and they kick out that much when you turn, before i drove one i didn’t think it would be a problem but it is not just a minor adjustment to your driving it has a whole different dynamic to it and until you have pulled one you will think I’m just a bit of a pussie but i can assurer you once you have pulled a fully laden 60 pallets rear steer 15.65 meter trailer your attitude will be different. dynamic

gooner:
They are 7 1/2 ft longer with rear steer and they kick out that much when you turn, before i drove one i didn’t think it would be a problem but it is not just a minor adjustment to your driving it has a whole different dynamic to it and until you have pulled one you will think I’m just a bit of a pussie but i can assurer you once you have pulled a fully laden 60 pallets rear steer 15.65 meter trailer your attitude will be different. dynamic

All wide/long load drivers form a line and commence giggling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dynamic. sorry predictive text.

:laughing::lol::lol::lol:

billybigrig:

gooner:

All wide/long load drivers form a line and commence giggling :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

We don’t all drive a ■■■■■ extension most of us drive a standard truck and do a mundane job to bring the coin in i’m so happy someone feels it’s funny that i show a bit of concern for other road users.

Never pulled one or even seen one in the flesh, but from that picture I can see that the tail swing would be horrendous. Imagine trying to screw that great bugger round in a slightly tight yard :open_mouth:, the back end would be taking out the entire neighbourhood.

For anyone laughing about this its a bloody serious difference to your normal trailer when you look at how much there is behind the centre axle. If you can’t see that you’re a steering wheel attendant not a driver.

One of our suppliers has had a couple of these for about 4 weeks now, our company has requested that they don’t bring them into the yard anymore as our Adblue tank has been knocked and one of our trailers got swiped by it since they started using them.

Driver error of course but they are pretty unwieldy in tight yards

I only started back on Friday through agency so haven`t had a chance to use one yet.

Spoke to a couple of drivers and the back swing was the first words out their mouths.

Some delivery points are quite tight for a 44 footer never mind these things, so I can understand their concerns with them.

if the kick out of the rear is so servere have you thought about not putting so much lock on the steering so quickly.
the rear will only kick out if you swing so hard with your steering.
going a little slower will slow the rear down and only follow your steering in a smaller area.
if your having trouble with them and can only moan then you need to try a rear steer live stock trailer with a moffet on its rear down country lanes to farms that are inaccesible to a standard 45 without rear steer.
just remember that these 51 feet trailers has everything that a 45 has except that the rear axle is 6 feet further back and it steers
whats the problem?
and if you dont think its going to fit then dont take it in.

I call these things DRM’s…“Driver Redundancy Makers”,more of these on the road means less drivers needed to take the same amount or more!

:unamused:

obsessivecompulsive2:
I call these things DRM’s…“Driver Redundancy Makers”,more of these on the road means less drivers needed to take the same amount or more!

yes! a horse and a cart should be the next big thing, instead of more efficiency :unamused: