£33,300 in unpaid penalties!

From Twitter.

HGV Cops‏ @Cheshire_CVU 3h3 hours ago
More
Portuguese HGV Immobilised for unpaid penalties of £33,300 (Yes Thirty Three Thousand) to UK Border Force. Immob until paid @NWmwaypolice

And another one…

Portuguese HGV, fined £1400 for drivers hours offences, excess weight. Immobilised #Greencable at Sandbach tonight. @NWmwaypolice

About time as well.

Good. No sympathy for anyone bringing illegals in

Not in the know, what’s the green cord connected to such that immobilises?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Depend what penalty.If it is for illegal migrant.That 2000 per person for drivers and some penalty for company as well.So it is just for founded 5-10 migrant.

IronEddie:
Not in the know, what’s the green cord connected to such that immobilises?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It works like a giant bike lock threaded through the wheels and chassis of the trailer so that it cannot be uncoupled. Not totally foolproof tho there is a cut up one laying in the grass at Bangor services obviously cheaper to obtain a grinder than pay the fine

So why isn’t the green cable applied immediately after illegals have been found and fines settled before release? Rather than allowing them to carry on and rack up fines like that.

That cable doesn’t look like it would withstand a sudden pull-away. It’s hardly as sturdy as a wheelclamp.

I’d like to see a demo of this polizei immobilizing kit, similar in vein to this one for rising bollards…

No “driver” is gonna risk that - right?

madmackem:
About time as well.

Quite often see the odd truck with a cable through it parked on the way out of Dover Docks and seen them in Ashford Truckstop, DVSA seemed to have an area coned off to pull in more.

OVLOV JAY:

What even unwittingly? Even checks by both the driver and security at the ports can miss them.

There’s usually one with the cable through the drive axle at the Dartford Tunnel most days.

DVSA seem to be more active than ever.

muckles:

OVLOV JAY:

What even unwittingly? Even checks by both the driver and security at the ports can miss them.

It depends if the driver has made himself vulnerable, by spending the night within a stones throw of Calais for example. Even mere mortals like me who doesn’t travel through there knows the pitfalls. If it’s been organised by a gang, smuggled on board at a loading point and the driver has gone direct to the port, then I have sympathy for that situation

OVLOV JAY:

Would that not rather depend on if it was done deliberately or the drivers were innocent ? I aged years when 18 were found in the back of ours. Police went over it and between them and the drivers couldn’t work out how they got in and I’m 100% my drivers were not complicit.

Them green cables are nothing to worry about there just part of the job

fodentanker:
There’s usually one with the cable through the drive axle at the Dartford Tunnel most days.

they are like ladybirds,they come out in the hot weather…though they also like the end of november and start of december when were all busy.

dieseldog999:

fodentanker:

snip …though they also like the end of november and start of december when were all busy.

Just in time for the DVSA christmas party

harrawaffa:
So why isn’t the green cable applied immediately after illegals have been found and fines settled before release? Rather than allowing them to carry on and rack up fines like that.

If they found migrant that penalty will after investigation.But deposit sistem for any penalty in Uk not working.It is not France where Police ,Gandermery work correct and ask deposit ASAP.
One Eurpo Union,one rulles but in different country different perfomance and police work stile.

Just curious, do they have to catch the actual vehicle on another trip, or any company vehicle? As they are on a foreign plate surely it must be a case of getting the binoculars out, as ANPR camera’s wouldn’t pick up another vehicle owned by the same firm…

Surely if so much owed to the treasury they must have been keeping a look-out for them?

Londontrucker123:
Just curious, do they have to catch the actual vehicle on another trip, or any company vehicle? As they are on a foreign plate surely it must be a case of getting the binoculars out, as ANPR camera’s wouldn’t pick up another vehicle owned by the same firm…

Surely if so much owed to the treasury they must have been keeping a look-out for them?

Sign upto Twitter, then start following all the RPUs, it makes very interesting reading :wink:

The Police seem to be getting more involved with trucks, they are able to make decisions a lot faster than VOSA and they seem far more ruthless when it comes to immobilising vehicles, VOSA can come across a bit limp wristed at times :unamused:

ANPR / Binoculars / Intel / Coppers Nose, they all play a part :wink: