3 Bridge strikes in 1 week @ Dunragit A75

Well you read it here 1st… 3 diff drivers from diff companies have in the past week had there trailers/loads hit the notorious (Rated 18/20 of the most hit rail bridges in UK) Dunragit railway bridge which is a tight 14ft 2". Last wednesday was a MVH with a tautliner, usually pull fridges, so maybe forgot to check trailer height although drivers should check?? Same night a furniture lorry did the same. Guessing it was one of the high cabbed removeal lorries? Then last night a Southern Irish lorry with a POLISH driver rattled the bridge again. He was pulling a flat bad with 3 x hay bailers. The way there loaded looks ok but on each of the bailers there are metal bars and this caght teh bridge and ■■■■■■ the 1st bailer.

So it seems the height detector must be out of order AGAIN… Dunno why they ever put them up.

mate was showing me picture of wikos decker which he said hit bridge
on 619 from worksop to jct 30 m1.said to mate but thats got them chain hanging down to warn you if your to high.
but he said it was definitly that road, so if its true not sure a warning would stop some bridge strikes

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … -work.html

Funnily enough Ive just read this… ABout time…

yes it is out or order i ran up there sunday over to belfast then back monday morning my cb arial sits at over 15 ft and neither way the sing worked

usually the trailer sits at 14 3-5 as we run very light up there. and always go round i did expect the sign to go off as it has in the past

alix776:
yes it is out or order i ran up there sunday over to belfast then back monday morning my cb arial sits at over 15 ft and neither way the sing worked

usually the trailer sits at 14 3-5 as we run very light up there. and always go round i did expect the sign to go off as it has in the past

I wouldn’t think a typical CB antenna is wide enough to trip the sensor anyway. I’ve certainly been through a lot of low bridge sensors with an aerial and never triggered one.