South Circular strikes again

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … chaos.html

Oops! Heard about it on the radio. Thanks for posting. 14’6" is fairly high. Bet he could have made it if he lowered his suspension [emoji6]

Another prat driving around with a numberplate in the window, that cannot manage not to hit a bridge. Probably running with the midlift up otherwise he might have made it maybe, without knowing the height of his trailer of course. But yet another flat packed trailer and untold misery for lots of people held up, not to mention the cost to people in lost wages etc.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Although looking at pictures again I’d say he’s got to be taller than 14’6" tbh. So the driver is a complete moron as usual. Driver conduct hearing with tea and biscuits for him

SWEDISH BLUE:
Toilet roll lorry crashes into low railway bridge in London sparking traffic chaos | Daily Mail Online

9/10 great effort but didn’t spill the load so can’t give top marks :smiling_imp:

Didn’t he…

Check the in cab height indicator?

/s

Doesn’t look like he even slowed down .
He must of been distracted by that big yellow sign on the bridge .
Whatever that says

TOTAL ■■■■■■■■ !!!

And I hope that KELSEY FREIGHT get a BIG FINE !!!
They are the ones that have employed that blind ■■■■ !!!

FFS it’s not ROCKET SCIENCE

It wont go under that !!!

I thInk it is all to easy to forget about trailer height especially if your not used to having a tall trailer.

Bridges that get hit over and over again should sensors which turn on warning lights, it can’t be that expensive to put in.

Macski:
q

Bridges that get hit over and over again should sensors which turn on warning lights, it can’t be that expensive to put in.

That bridge dose have warning signs that flash overheight vehicle.

Double stacked bog roll… that’ll be a minimum of 15’ trailer, more likely higher. The rapscallion needs his head checked.

I can understand “clipping” a bridge, if your height is marked as say 15’, and the bridge is marked 15’ . Sure, you slow down, but you can expect to fit under. But taking a 15+ trailer under a 14’‘6’ bridge is lunacy.

*unless your yard is at the other side of a 14"9’ marked bridge, in a dead end industrial area, and all your companies trailers are 15’ or even taller…

fingermissing:

Macski:
q

That bridge dose have warning signs that flash overheight vehicle.

trouble is they also flash over height when your in a 12 foot 7.5 tonner. trouble is from the pics it looks like he was going from the direction of the a2/a20 towards catford and if memory serves there isnt anywhere to turn around (curbs and bariiers in the middle of the road and weight limits on the side streets) between the sign and the bridge.

This is the issue with these microlise type in built satnavs that are pre programed for you fine if its programed correctly and who ever sets it up knows the area otherwise you get incidents like this.

cooper1203:
and if memory serves there isnt anywhere to turn around (curbs and bariiers in the middle of the road and weight limits on the side streets) between the sign and the bridge.

Oh right…

So if there’s nowhere to turn around you just drive on and belt it.

I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

coops, there’s no covering stupidity which is what this is.

Macski:
I thInk it is all to easy to forget about trailer height especially if your not used to having a tall trailer.

How is it easy to forget your trailer height?

By law you must have a height marker in the cab and by law you must know your travelling height and set it accordingly.

There is no excuse for hitting a bridge.

Macski:

Nah not having that, when you pull a high trailer as a supposed professional driver, bridges should be foremost on your mind.
I even notice bridge heights when I’m driving the car ffs,.as I imagine many others do.

As for your last point, is a big ■■■■ off yellow sign and a triangle not enough?
You can’t legislate for idiocy, they would still hit them.

Just had a look on street view . As you approach Clifton’s R/A from the Dutch House the only advance warning sign which might have information on it is almost totally obscured by foliage. As you approach from the Yorkshire Grey R/A the small blue advance warning sign indicates the bridge to be 14’9". the photo of the bridge strike shows the sign on the bridge to be 14’6". Apart from the sign 300 yards short of the bridge on Westhorne Ave there doesn’t appear to be any other advance warning. Might be relevant at some point when it goes to court given the situation regarding doing a 180.

Reckon police will investigate the skid marks? :stuck_out_tongue:

cav551:
Just had a look on street view . As you approach Clifton’s R/A from the Dutch House the only advance warning sign which might have information on it is almost totally obscured by foliage. As you approach from the Yorkshire Grey R/A the small blue advance warning sign indicates the bridge to be 14’9". the photo of the bridge strike shows the sign on the bridge to be 14’6". Apart from the sign 300 yards short of the bridge on Westhorne Ave there doesn’t appear to be any other advance warning. Might be relevant at some point when it goes to court given the situation regarding doing a 180.

Signposting in Londinium is poor at the best of times. There is a very simple and relatively cheap solution to this problem. It’s a truckers atlas…

It’s one thing getting marooned before a low bridge, with no quick way to turn around ( been there, done that … :blush: :grimacing: ), but there is absolutely no excuse for hitting the bridge.
Clown needs his vocational licence taking away.

simcor:

Macski:

By law you must have a height marker in the cab and by law you must know your travelling height and set it accordingly.

Well, if your used to driving trailers that are lower, it is end of the week, end of the day, your tired, that is how.

I have never hit a bridge, yet, but missed signs for all sorts.

I never forget a Canadian driver coming to work when I was at Tesco, he told everyone that the UK trucks are toys and how much bigger trucks are in Canada, 20 minutes after leaving the yard he hit a bridge.

Macski:

simcor:

Macski:

Well, if your used to driving trailers that are lower, it is end of the week, end of the day, your tired, that is how.

I have never hit a bridge, yet, but missed signs for all sorts.

I never forget a Canadian driver coming to work when I was at Tesco, he told everyone that the UK trucks are toys and how much bigger trucks are in Canada, 20 minutes after leaving the yard he hit a bridge.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: