24Hrs

Hi All

Its been 24 hours since I took my Class One test to which I failed on something so minor

For my efforts I failed on straddling a bus lane and having 2ft of trailer hanging over a roundabout,
After some time to think about this situation, I think it was a wee bit harsh but I have to execpt the examiners result.
Abit of a hard pill to swallow, but there you have it.The rest of the drive went so well.
My worry about reversing all week where soon over with as I mastered the art, went on to the test exercise and was going to knock it into the box in one but took the option of one shunt forward.

Then came the breaking exercise, the ground was wet but we stopped the beast in good time.
All things good week went out onto the urban highways of Guildford, well after sometime we headed back to the test centre and pulled over, my examiner then asked if I wanted to carry the uncoupling exercise out but due to the two situations above he couldnt pass me.
Considering that other examiners would still get you to do this exercise and still tell you that youve failed, I respect him for this option

I took it like a man, listened very carfully what he failed me on and following this he advised to get the test re taken A.S.A.P because overall the drive is up to test standard, it was just the stupid mistakes that let me down

Sounds like you are going to make a great driver CE driver Swampey.

I have heard so many times at a de-brief from the examiner that a guy should book a re-test as soon as, beacuse he is at test standard but didn’t quite make it this time. If you are at test standard why oh why can’t they pass you - after all we all do something each day that would fail us a test.

You just have to be perfect for that hour. Sometimes I wonder if the examiner had to re-examine you for free the next time whether the result would be different the first time?

I have a for some time thought that it would be worth the DSA considering the way they ‘score’ a test, in as much as a serious could be counted as say 5 minors, which would mean that you could get a couple of serious’ a few minors and still be below the16 points. Of course any dangerous would still result in an automatic fail.

Smart Mart:
I have a for some time thought that it would be worth the DSA considering the way they ‘score’ a test, in as much as a serious could be counted as say 5 minors, which would mean that you could get a couple of serious’ a few minors and still be below the16 points. Of course any dangerous would still result in an automatic fail.

I like that idea :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: