Failed C.e again 2nd time

Well Failed C.E again yesterday at Atherton 1 serious 6 minors Examiner said was a great drive and he saw a lot of good points in my drive i just messed up on the A58 /A6 roundabout wronge lane but Hey i feel like a big weight has been lifted of my shoulders :smiley: … and the good news is that I now Have a full time class 2 job and can pick my own trainer as my next test will not be funded … The last few months have been Pure hell belive me But at least can say that I now have a Good Job with good money well above average pay … Thanks to my Job centre plus adviser Jim … he has been great .
When I first applied for funding to get back in work in febuary I was asked to get a quote from a reputable Trainer and that I did BUT then the job of Training me was put out to tender and was given a trainer that i didnt like and I was given no choice in the Trainer picked ( bad move as you have to have faith in your Trainer ) First i did my reaserch on them and no one had heard of the trainer / no testamonials on his web site / took me 2 days to get him to ring back with dates once the Job adviser gave him the go ahead . And was pushed constantly to the back of the list as I was funded and told he cant just sit and wait for the Job centre to send him clients he has to earn money from cash payers … he canciled and put back my test dates and then LIED to me saying it was DSA that Changed them and when i called the DSA and spoke with sue at newcastle to ask why they had changed my dates she said they hadnt that the trainer had swapped them .with another students name so i then called the trainer to complain and he told me I was a low life for calling DSA my self i had no right to do that and he didnt think I would go to that Kind of low … and Phone DSA ( well i did and im glad i did or i would not have known or the proof that i now have on file )
At this time I demanded a new trainer told the owner I had no faith in him ( he made the trainer in sams vidio post bad driver :open_mouth: look mild ) as he told me a shunt on the reverse wasnt a minor point (it is )// shouted and balled all the time // told me I had to have a seperate DCPC for my bus licence and another one for my HGV .( found out of this great site i dont ) thanks guys :smiley: . however I have nothing against the staff who work there at all they were great anyway he said all will be ok and it will all be forgoten in a couple of days and we will start again ( mot in my book it wont ever be forgotten ) It has been the worse 5 months in my life I was given a new trainer day before my retest he was great with a natural apptitude for teaching but the damage had already been done BY THE OWNER … So i will be saving the next couple of weeks and calling Paul at Hindley Green HGV who would have been my choice of trainer in the first place as he came with great testamonials … . and not just of this site either :smiley:
and if anyone wants to know who not to go with PM me :wink:

The examiners last worrds were dont give up you gave a great drive you just have a Phobia with that roundabout for some reason and I am not giving up just bacause the owner / so called trainer gave me a phobia of it by shouting and balling at me on that roundabout instead of explaining it …in a calm maner
Oh and im not saying anything behind his back he asked me to do a write up on here for him :smiley: lol and I have done just that like i said to his face :smiley: and should leave it to his staff to do the training because he could not pass water with his bad attitude never mind a student .oh and the last14 hrs of my CPC he can stick them as my new employer is sending me on them with a reputable company who confirm and stick to dates . even if he offered a free re test i would refuse thats how bad he is … :angry:
Best wishes all
Roy
Roy .

sounds like youve had a bad experience but now you can put it all behind you and move on with a good job and a trainer your more comfortable with, hope things run more smoothly for you now, good luck with everything :slight_smile:

Blimey sounds like youve had a nightmare , mind you take heart if thats how he treats candidates for hgv training his company wont be around for much longer !
Put it behind you congratulations on the job well chuffed for you and good luck when you next go for your c+e training am sure with someone who trains you and dosn`t bawl you out you will pass next time
all the best
Jx

We have had many trainers/schools who have been named and recommended by members of this site as well as some who have been named and shamed - all from personal experiences by the trainee concerned so it is now up to you as to whether you want to name publically.

I remember the Sterling thread where the school was slammed for its practices but the instructors were praised

Alas, someone else who was funded on the job centre as I got some stick for it on here! :imp: :imp:

Good Luck

I think that you should let the jobcentre know about this. The man is taking tax payers money and not returning value.There is a low pass rate generally for the C+E.

Sam Millar:
Alas, someone else who was funded on the job centre as I got some stick for it on here! :imp: :imp:

Good Luck

Totally different circumstance to yours kid he’s paid into the system long enough that I’m sure we dong mind.

Kirk Ella 71:

Sam Millar:

Good Luck

Totally different circumstance to yours kid he’s paid into the system long enough that I’m sure we dong mind.

How do you know his and I circumstances, who paid into the system and who didn’t? I think you’ll find I paid into the system as well, I worked my arse off since leaving school so don’t hit me with that ■■■■■■■■.

Thanks every one for the kind words
Hi Sam I posted on your thread mate when you got stick for it weeks ago now because the comments by some people on here made me angry at the time too and i realy hope that you get through it all and do like i did get a great job with a great company and then you have prooved your point eh :smiley: I hope you dont get a bad trainer as i did :slight_smile:
just be upfront about your lack of expeariance and all will be ok and I hope that you get a great chance in life at a young age mate :smiley: you have a good future :wink: unlike my son who thought he could sit at home playing the xbox all day untill he was shown where the door was .
Hi Alamcculloc
yea you are right mate and i have made my feeling well known to the job adviser from day one when he the trainer wouldnt return calls to get my training dates back ( i did a thread on here askin if any one knew the trainer ) in may i even wrote to my MP gordon marsden who wrote to JCP and they said it was out of their hands now as a firm called Proc Serve take the tenders for training even down to the fact that the trainer who gave me a great quote on a guarenteed pass only re test £115 to pay didnt get the job :neutral_face: the one they picked has had an extra £700 on top of his tender and that alone could have been saved … the main reason i complained from the start was when i applied they said it takes time because its government money and cant be wasted ( well thats a laugh) as i know that Woods ribble valley HGV who gave me a great quote did tender for the job and didnt even get a reply from Proc Serve but I think its a case of who you know not what you know ( sadly I cant proove that but I have lots of other proof ) ie they told the job centre that a form was lost and could they have a new one jim my adviser sent a duplicate out then i was asked to sign 3 forms by trainer my adviser said should only have been two :wink: oh dear
The poor girl who worked in the office for the trainer was this week given a holliday in loo then sacked :open_mouth: ( poor scape goat) but the Auditers are i the place …all week :exclamation: I WOUNDER WHY and as for my DCPC training well i have been to three diferent locations ( companies who have payed him to do their drivers CPC NOT MINE ) for the training upto now :exclamation: they still own me 14 hrs but like I said earlier in this thread he can stick them where a monky sticks its nuts my new boss will sort it … along with my Epic card .Im just happy this nightmare is over
The funny thing is 1 of the cpc dates was about customer Care lol ha thats a joke to start with in his company and I told him so . This thread is in no way a put down of the 2 new Trainers(employees ) who i had on both my C & CE Re Test dates They were both great and im sure that if i had either of them all through my training i would have passed first time and i did wish them both well and hope that one day they both end up with a good job with a Top Quality Training School .
As for the Job centre well if they had listend to my complaints right from day one well they would have saved in my estimation about £1,000 in government money also i would have passed Both my C & CE first time .
I know that Peter off this site is now doing a gaurenteed pass course and is regestered with Proc Serve
and i think that all the LVP tender training should only be given to him and people like Peter a good trainer who are willing to put their money where their mouth is :smiley: and if i was living near nottingham thats where I would be going .
Steve woods ribble valley training in Blackburn tendered for my training and offers te same as peter a gaurenteed pass or just the re test to pay and does not get a chance or even a reply after tendering for training many times I THINK THAT THE SYSTEM IS ALL WRONGE .
So any one who is lucky enough to get funding for training take my advise make sure you get a good trainer ( do some reaserch ) if you dont then tell the JCP whats going on as if no one says anything then the bad trainers will be getting work and money that should only go to reputable Trainers . and a bad trainer does not care if you pass or fail he will just get more money from the pot if you fail sadly for the trainer concirned it has not worked this time :smiley: as i have taken the first job offered on cat C and now he wont get anothe penny from JCP …for me or i hope for anyone else … If he does then some one in Proc Serve or JCP should be sacked and an inquiry set up :wink: they now have the full Facts along with proof from me and from my JCP adviser Jim . also a letter is going once again to my local MP .
Best wishes Roy :laughing:

YAMBOL57:
Thanks every one for the kind words
Hi Sam I posted on your thread mate when you got stick for it weeks ago now because the comments by some people on here made me angry at the time too and i realy hope that you get through it all and do like i did get a great job with a great company and then you have prooved your point eh :smiley: I hope you dont get a bad trainer as i did :slight_smile:
just be upfront about your lack of expeariance and all will be ok and I hope that you get a great chance in life at a young age mate :smiley: you have a good future :wink: unlike my son who thought he could sit at home playing the xbox all day untill he was shown where the door was .

Thanks for that mate. I wish you the best of luck with your CE.

Hope it all goes well for you next time mate.

sorry to hear you failed again, i failed my cat C a few years ago on lane disiplin with 3 minors totally gutted. keep trying it will happen

Thanks sea frog lol is that ba tipper i see as your aviator lol . I have juat taken any job for now so i can get a REPUTABLE Trainer next time and that job just happens to be tipper driving with a Barton Agrogates contractor . I love the job and dont mind carrying stone but I gotta say I hate the black stuff :open_mouth: had 3 ton stuck on my truck last night ( they mixed it to hot ) spent from 5am till 6 am trying to get it off the back lol I gave up in the end …after shoveling a ton off . :angry: then 1 1/4 hr drive back to Carnforth got home at 845am from 6pm start …Knackered now :unamused:

Did you try pouring diesel over and down the sides of your tipper ,that often helps to release the stuff.

YAMBOL57:
Thanks sea frog lol is that ba tipper i see as your aviator lol . I have juat taken any job for now so i can get a REPUTABLE Trainer next time and that job just happens to be tipper driving with a Barton Agrogates contractor . I love the job and dont mind carrying stone but I gotta say I hate the black stuff :open_mouth: had 3 ton stuck on my truck last night ( they mixed it to hot ) spent from 5am till 6 am trying to get it off the back lol I gave up in the end …after shoveling a ton off . :angry: then 1 1/4 hr drive back to Carnforth got home at 845am from 6pm start …Knackered now :unamused:

It is a tipper/blower animal feeds to farms
the diesel idea is’nt that bad of a option got to be better than shoveling :smiley:

Yea tried that we all spray diesel before loading although not supposed too it does stop it sticking to the back but after talking to one of the other drivers (who had same thing last week ) he said when the plant over heat the tarmac it sticks to anything and last night was raining and they put the return load of crap on top of what i had left on truck so sheet was open a while that made it worse as im New i have the old truck with a manual sheet uhh .pmsl when i tipped in to the laying machine i thought there was some thing funny as all i could see was the tarmac gang coughing :open_mouth: and loads of steem more than usual .but also because plant were rushing to get home they didnt put much water on in the bay i dont think that helped .but I am learning more each day bet i dont fall for that again ( dont be last driver out of plant or off site ) :wink:
pmsl think il change mi name to stickydicky lol . :stuck_out_tongue:
Regards Roy

Sorry about that mate.I failedmy class 1 2 times too.Its really bad feeling.But I’ve got a friend who used to work with me and he failed 3 times class 2, 4 times class 1 and he never gave up then he passed his class1 in april… 2 months he’s done some agency work and he’s got permanent job now.

This guy is a good example …I dont have a right to feel down:)he wanted and he’s done it…

Well I have taken the plung again and booked an assesment with a REPUTABLE Trainer Who comes with Glowing testamonials on this site Paul at Hindley Green HGV Just got off the Phone and he know the Roundabout that I have the phobia :open_mouth: with as soon as I said A58 he said yep westhoughton and thats a big help for me . :laughing: I feel a lot better now I just wish I would have had the money To do the full course with him in the first place Because I know for a fact that It would all have been over and done with by August :smiley: … And this time i feel a lot more confident … :smiley: ALREADY …

Hello Berk
wow you know that your right mate none of us have the right to feel down at all after that poor chaps expeariance eh I was fed up when i failed my C once but when I Failed my CE twice I felt lower than low because im in my 50s now and you have heard the saiying (cant teach an old dog new tricks ) …now i have a new attitude so Come on DSA bring it on and I have a strong feeling that my next thread will be Passed CE

Good on you Roy hope you get a quick date and get through it and put it all behind you cheers Ed

Good luck mate!