24hr cafe on the A616 just off M1 J35A

… get’s the Rob K seal of approval :laughing: .

I stopped there silly hours of Friday morning to fill my boots and for £4.50 you get a huge fry-up and a pot of tea. A bit pricey perhaps, but it was a good sized plate full and very filling.

The scenery in there is pretty good too if you go in at the right time; makes it worthwhile stopping even if a bit pricey :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: .

Easy access back to the M1 northbound if you go up to the next roundabout and hang a right as it takes you to gate 36. If you’re coming southbound, you can’t get off at gate 35A, so come off at gate 36 and go past it on the right down to the next roundabout, a mere 400 yards down the road and then come back on yourself and repeat process when you’re leaving.

Talking of cafe’s and to save started a new thread, I stopped at the cafe in the first layby on the A1 northbound after Markham Moor roundabout at Elkesley as I’ve heard people rave good things about it.

The fry-up price list is as follows :

1 bac, 1 sos, 1 egg, beans & toms, 2 slice of b+b/toast, bottomless cup, £3
2 bac, 2 sos, 1 egg, beans & toms, 2 slice of b+b/toast, bottomless cup, £4
3 bac, 3 sos, 1 egg, beans & toms, 2 slice of b+b/toast, bottomless cup, £5

Again, a bit pricey in my opinion. I opted for no.2 and I can’t pinpoint what it was exactly, but it didn’t excite me, despite being really hungry. It wasn’t so much nice, but dull. Ingredients tasted a bit cheap and plain. Not what I expect for those prices.

There you go then, two cafe reviews from me :smiley: .

I stopped there silly hours of Friday morning to fill my boots

Did your boot’s enjoy it as well. :laughing: :laughing:

I normally stop at both cafes on the A1 both S\Bound and N/Bound between Markham Moor and Elkesley, as Rob says the meals nowt exciting as both have identical prices.

However, I went to Daves Cafe at Bawtry a couple of times last week, open from 6.30 am till around 6pm or summit like that, much better grub at £3.75 for brekkie with black pudding

Blyth Roundabout if heading South take 1st exit for Bawtry and 1\2 mile along road on left at brow of hill, If N/Bound take 3rd exit at Blyth Roundabout through 30 mph signs.

If you have a fridge running they request you switch it off between 6.30 am and 9am as they get grief from resident opposite.

They also sell a lot of home made stuff and lunch menu looks good :wink: :wink:

Good Cafe that on at Blyth, I used to use it when I was doing cars into bawtry auctions

Davey Driver:
I normally stop at both cafes on the A1 both S\Bound and N/Bound between Markham Moor and Elkesley, as Rob says the meals nowt exciting as both have identical prices.

However, I went to Daves Cafe at Bawtry a couple of times last week, open from 6.30 am till around 6pm or summit like that, much better grub at £3.75 for brekkie with black pudding

Blyth Roundabout if heading South take 1st exit for Bawtry and 1\2 mile along road on left at brow of hill, If N/Bound take 3rd exit at Blyth Roundabout through 30 mph signs.
:

i thought that was called jaynes■■?

jessicas dad:
[

So did I, now you come to mention it. Mind you I haven’t been in there for years, perhaps it’s changed? Obviously the value has stayed the same though.

Salut, David.

jessicas dad:

You maybe right JD I aint that good at remembering names :blush: :blush: :blush: I’ve only just started calling in there again but could of swore it was called Dave’s at some point around 5 years ago when I called in regularly when working for TDG.

Either way the Grub is well presented and a pleasure to eat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I remember RobK asking where the cafe guide had gone.

So I have nicked his thread to add another decent eating place I discovered last week.

Connies Cafe on the Airfield Ind estate in Ashbourne, open 7 till 3, proper sit down place with teapots and serviettes :stuck_out_tongue:

Very good grilled breakfast and spotless tables. takeaway menus and home cooking

Wheelnut recommended :stuck_out_tongue:

Its a bit too near Moy Park that stinks of rotting chicken meat for overnight parking. Turners of Soham are nearby

The scenery in there is pretty good too if you go in at the right time; makes it worthwhile stopping even if a bit pricey .

yes ive seen both of them and theyre very nce :open_mouth: :laughing: :open_mouth: