Greasy food cafes/vans!

Currently travelling northbound A1 south of Newark! Does anybody happen to know if there are any layby cafes / vans that are likely to be open Saturday!? Or on any industrial estates close to A1 between Newark and ferrybridge services!? Could do with some real, greasy food rather than the usual McD’s, burger king KFC etc…

Many thanks

There is a cafe just off Blyth Services turnoff. Don’t take the first Blyth turning off the A1, it’s the one marked for the services which is next one up! Off the 2nd roundabout, follow signs for Blyth and you’ll see the cafe on your left. Pretty certain it’s open Saturdays as been passed it many times, and is literally minutes from the A1.

Best alternative I know of, but would be about 8 miles each way from the A1 would be The Alders which is a Marsden’s pub but that’s down the A614 - not exactly greasy spoon but better breakies than McDonalds which happens to be the other side of the roundabout. Bit of a pain as there’s a long layby just up from it, but turning round could be fun if driving an arctic although I think it’d be doable.

You’re probably north of there by now, but unfortunately the ones I was going to suggest near Ollerton are shut on Saturdays or shut down (checked before writing this).

Thanks very much, will make a not of them for next time!! Now just off M62 waiting to get tipped!!

trevHCS:
There is a cafe just off Blyth Services turnoff. Don’t take the first Blyth turning off the A1, it’s the one marked for the services which is next one up! Off the 2nd roundabout, follow signs for Blyth and you’ll see the cafe on your left. Pretty certain it’s open Saturdays as been passed it many times, and is literally minutes from the A1.

Thats Jaynes Place, another vote from me :wink: food is very nice and cheap too :stuck_out_tongue: