20ft shipping container

hi, i’m looking for a 20ft shipping container to put on a 20ft skelly , this is to go with my scania 142 for going to shows, ideally an older box but must be water tight ,
anyone help
cheers
steve
:smiley:

There gets a few on fleabay, otherwise container storage/repair yards (Pentalvers Greycourts etc). Prices seem to fluctuate wildly but for a watertight good quality box your going to have to part with £1000 + :frowning:

Tbh the going rate is 1400 to 1500 for something resembling a 20’. A new “one way” PSSU 20’ will set you back about 2100 to 2300! :open_mouth:

Goaty:
Tbh the going rate is 1400 to 1500 for something resembling a 20’. A new “one way” PSSU 20’ will set you back about 2100 to 2300! :open_mouth:

Just phoned a mate who is involved in such thingsYou’re spot on there Goaty, he quoted between £1500 and £2350 dependent on condition.

I like the ones with this on.

I’ve seen lots of crocodiles in my time, but never one with both eyes on the same side of its head. :wink:

Not sure where you are based but try itwilliams.co.uk/

I must have got a bargain then, I got a tidy 20’ box with a fresh coat of paint on it delivered to my house and HIAB’d into place for 900quid all in.

Admittedly that was 5 years ago, perhaps they have gone up since then.

Paul

repton:
I must have got a bargain then, I got a tidy 20’ box with a fresh coat of paint on it delivered to my house and HIAB’d into place for 900quid all in.

Admittedly that was 5 years ago, perhaps they have gone up since then.

Paul

my missus goes mad if i park the wagon outside the house with a container on never mind putting one in the garden :smiley:

Harry Monk:

I’ve seen lots of crocodiles in my time, but never one with both eyes on the same side of its head. :wink:

Thats the “Lesser Green Norfolk” Crocodile. :grimacing:

chaversdad:
my missus goes mad if i park the wagon outside the house with a container on never mind putting one in the garden :smiley:

Here it is being delivered - the garden needed some work at that point but we had only just bought the house… The bloke in the red who delivered it is none other than TruckNETUK’s very own bus dweller, marlow.

Paul

Harry Monk:

extra long right arm and a cheeky wee tattoo as well.

wheres a pic of 142

This would be my idea of a living van for the shows, it is a purpose built accommodation unit underneath the sheet and veg boxes :stuck_out_tongue:

Gaydon 2011 042.jpg

Gaydon 2011 041.jpg

Wheel Nut:
This would be my idea of a living van for the shows, it is a purpose built accommodation unit underneath the sheet and veg boxes :stuck_out_tongue:

The Calais-Dover Express?

Google it, seen em on for anything from 300 upwards.

Im looking for a 20ft shipping container but i only want the base, as i want to make a swap body for our hiab truck, i already have the flat, and curtain body, just need to mount the curtain body onto a 2o ft container base so i can twist lock on and off, the truck has its own crane…message me, there must be a smashed up one somewhere…
i
n
b
ody

richmond:
Im looking for a 20ft shipping container but i only want the base, as i want to make a swap body for our hiab truck, i already have the flat, and curtain body, just need to mount the curtain body onto a 2o ft container base so i can twist lock on and off, the truck has its own crane…message me, there must be a smashed up one somewhere…
i
n
b
ody

Look for White Line in Telford,they do site cabins.I used to do quite a bit for them and they had a few knackered ones.
Ask for Phil White.