Somthing new for the box jockeys!

bit.ly/17jkuqn sounds fun

Can’t see it taking off really. The customer generally knows the cube of the load they are wanting to forward so they order the appropriate size box. Given that most if not all boxes are now transported on sliders or 40’ trailers or even combis I think they are ■■■■■■■ into the wind with this idea.

Suppose it would be good for the idiots who order a box that is too small for the goods they are wanting to ship but then would they not have to order this new box in the first place so the lorry would be travelling with 2 boxes on for nothing. You could then get the scenario where they only fill one box so the driver is left with the problem of getting rid of the other 20’ box before he collects the 45 from his next call.

Too complicated.

I’ve been trying to work this one out but having never done containers I’m probably going to sound stupid.

So the doors open inwards to the roof, great, but why not just order a 40ft box in the first place as the first box will have to emptied anyway to shut the doors??
And also if you want to load one of these 20ft boxes singly, then you would be killing yourself of about 5ft of space as you will need to close the doors?

All the 20 ft boxes I have pulled have maxed out the MGW of the vehicle, so another 20 foot box would be no good at all?