1st week

well its been my first week driving class1 going forward is fine reversing thats another question. i can do it but it takes me a good few shunts to get my trailer into a refridgeration bay that whole garage parking thing is nothing like reality i have to say. Thanks to a few guys who kindly help me reverse on showed me where i was going wrong. i’m getting there slowly but i’ll get there. only thing i can say is for them that just sit in there cabs and shake there heads is that you were once me and should have a bit more patience. As for the paperwork thats a different matter.

Hi Geordieboy, good post on your first week.
I’ve had my CE since July, only doing odd weekends, but I can guarantee you one thing - you reversing will be 100% better than mine !
But I have certainly learnt not to rush in - a couple of minutes thinking about the best and easiest way of getting on a loading bay is time well spent.
The other thing I’ve got a problem with is knowing just how much space it takes to turn an artic round. So, I pull up at a Tesco or Morrisons, take a look in their yard & have to take a guess whether I can turn in there or not. I’ve got away with it so far, though only done about 6 jobs so not really getting the experience I need.

Been into tesco depot at harlow that aint much fun for a newbie that was my first drop done in a baptism of fire :laughing: . since then had acouple awkward ones i just take my time don’t care how many shunts i need the point being i get it on the bay without killing or damaging anything i to tend to pull up and way the place up some places you just gotta go for it though, everyone one you speak to thoug says giv it a couple of months and you’ll be thinking whats all the fuss about

Geordieboy64:
i just take my time don’t care how many shunts i need the point being i get it on the bay without killing or damaging anything i to tend to pull up and way the place up some places you just gotta go for it though,

Good advice, Don’t panic because it doesn’t go right first time or even umpteenth time. the more you get wound up because it’s going wrong the worse it gets. Pull back out, calm down, re-think and have another go, :smiley: I found more often than not their were drivers who’d help you if you were struggling.

Geordieboy64:
everyone one you speak to thoug says giv it a couple of months and you’ll be thinking whats all the fuss about

No subtiute for experience, but you still have those days. However as long as you deliver the goods, don’t hurt anybody or damage anything then what more can they ask for

:wink: