1st time tramping

Next Monday ill be having a go at Tramping out all week for the 1st time, Ive done the odd night out with agencies before but never for a week.

I was wondering if there are any bits of kit to make life a little more comfortable as well as whats the best sort of food to take? as i plan to hardly use truck stops and MSAs for food.

Clothing and wash kit wise i fine with its things like quilt or Sleeping bag that sort of stuff really. :confused:

But without breaking the bank tho :laughing:

Wish me luck :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

there’s a list of useful things in the FAQ forum

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=37297

but if you took everything on that list there wouldn’t be enough room in the cab for you to get in :wink:

Most important things for me are:

Wet wipes
Duvet
Laptop
Books
Gas cooker
Water container
Air freshener
Polish (to clean my dusty dash not drive for me)
Power invertor
Decent â– â– â– â–  collection

Enjoy tramping, I think its great!

Good luck with it mate

Can’t wait to experience this my self … I can just imagine it now, no crying baby or nagging missus or SOAPS!!! lol

Dont waste you cash at the motorway services with their food,and burger/fried chicken joiints.
If you shop at Lidl or Aldi,the shelves are full of mini meals you can cook up with a small camping cooker.
Stewed beef cans,noodles,pasta,rice pudding,chicken in sauce,corned beef,spuds in cans,veg in cans,ryvita biscuits,sardines,pilchards,all in cans.
If you are stuck in the middle of nowhere,there is nothing worse than starting a shift hungry.
Powdered milk for tea/coffee/cereals is ideal,fresh will go off.
Buy plenty of water,is is cheap in above stores.

Dont bother with a sleeping bag , buy a double quilt and fold it over itself on the bunk , much more comfier, fresh fruit, big soups , wet wipes, flip flops for manky showers are essential.
Trampings great … enjoy …