Weekend Shifts

NorthernApe:

ROG:
If you work mon to fri then you can only do one day driving every other weekend due to weekly rest laws

As I mentioned in the OP my Mon to Fri work for my business is non driving related (all computer and printer work)
It also only adds up to about 25 hours total

Doesn’t matter. The daily and weekly rest requirements for the drivers hours are a rest from ALL work, not just driving related. That means you can’t do an IT job from 9-5 on Friday then jump in a lorry at 7pm on Friday night and bang in a shift. It also means you can’t work in say IT more than a few days a week regardless of the hours if you want to drive on a weekend and even if you’re only working a few days in the IT job you couldn’t do Mon, Wed, Fri, you’d have to have two consecutive days off of no work at all, driving or otherwise. To not do that is in breach of drivers hours regs.

Admittedly your chances of getting caught at the roadside are nil but you can be guaranteed that if you were in an accident, especially one where someone was killed or seriously injured, then they’d go through your life with a fine toothcombe and find you’d been breaking the law in regards to weekly rest and shaft you for it.