New Class 1 driver Grantham, Newark, Melton areas

Hi All.
Thanks for letting me join.

I have just passed my class 1 and looking for some part time / weekend work for now.

Been looking on Indeed and a lot of adverts are saying need 6 months experience, even eclispe for breaks and staffline for XPO at Easton which I’m finding really annoying as would love a shift or 2 to get me started.

Anyone know any agency’s that cover Grantham, Newark, Melton areas etc,I live In Grantham. Or indeed any places that have weekend work even if just the odd shift that would consider a new driver.

Thanks

pass ce.png
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif

Remember that if working mon to fri then you can only drive for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest laws

ROG:

Remember that if working mon to fri then you can only drive for one day every other weekend due to weekly rest laws

Thank you.

Just hope I can find a place to drive now. Even if on class 2 be happy to prove myself.

I’m from the same area as you. Just about to start my practical training. Congratulations on passing.
Have you spoken to any firms directly? Even in person with a cv? I contacted a few and actually got some good responses.

Tlgamble:
I’m from the same area as you. Just about to start my practical training. Congratulations on passing.
Have you spoken to any firms directly? Even in person with a cv? I contacted a few and actually got some good responses.

Hi,
That sounds good. Only via agency so far, so will try the direct route. Was looking for weekend work to start.
Good luck with the training!

Do you have a another Monday to Friday job then ?

Tlgamble:
Do you have a another Monday to Friday job then ?

Currently I do yes, so my plan was to have a few weekend days driving before taking the jump. I’m certain I want to go full time but read so much mixed about the role. That said I wanted to make my own mind up and give it a go.