Weekend Agency Work

Hello All, I have been a regular reader of the forum for the last few months and now taken the plunge and joined.
Having just completed my CPC I am now on the lookout for Class 2 weekend agency work. I have held my C licence for over 15 years but never really used it for several years, however I am hoping to get back into driving full time and see this as the best way to go about it whilst picking up experience and sticking with my present (non driving) job for the time being, whilst also doing C+E training. Once I have more experience and some decent contacts I want to drive full time once I can drive Class 1’s.
Does anybody know of any agencies that have regular weekend work in the Manchester area?

NorthernApe:
now on the lookout for Class 2 weekend agency work … sticking with my present (non driving) job

If doing mon to fri in the non driving job then you are going to be restricted to one day driving every other weekend

ROG:

NorthernApe:
now on the lookout for Class 2 weekend agency work … sticking with my present (non driving) job

If doing mon to fri in the non driving job then you are going to be restricted to one day driving every other weekend

Yeh I did ask about that on my CPC course, a day off once a fortnight will do me anyway. I’d be happy just working one Saturday each week tbh but will do the odd Sunday if required

NorthernApe:

ROG:

NorthernApe:

Yeh I did ask about that on my CPC course, a day off once a fortnight will do me anyway. I’d be happy just working one Saturday each week tbh but will do the odd Sunday if required

I think you have not read my reply carefully …
If you are working 5 days a week monday to friday then you can only drive for one day every other weekend

Example over two weeks
start
work in non driving job mon tue wed thu fri
drive sat
off sun
off sat + sun
back to start

ROG:

NorthernApe:

ROG:

NorthernApe:

I think you have not read my reply carefully …
If you are working 5 days a week monday to friday then you can only drive for one day every other weekend

Example over two weeks
start
drive sat
off sun
off sat + sun
back to start

Sometime can drive every weekend.If finish job Friday and start early Saturday and finish at 1100.Start Monday at 0800.Full legaly every weekend.But i can t see so much rigid truck Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for the replies so far, I am aware of the 45 hour weekly break rule which can be reduced to 24 hours occasionally as long as the hours are compensated back within 3 weeks. I am in quite a flexible weekday job so can change days such as Fridays and Mondays to accommodate a bit of weekend work when required.
Anybody out there aware of any decent agencies up here in the North West that may have weekend work?

NorthernApe:
Thanks for the replies so far, I am aware of the 45 hour weekly break rule which can be reduced to 24 hours occasionally as long as the hours are compensated back within 3 weeks. I am in quite a flexible weekday job so can change days such as Fridays and Mondays to accommodate a bit of weekend work when required.
Anybody out there aware of any decent agencies up here in the North West that may have weekend work?

Just remember that 45hr break isn’t over a fixed week it’s dependent upon when you start / finish . This is why is much much easier to get used to looking at the regs in hours rather than think of days/ weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk