DVLA Medical Time

Swordsy:
My employer is mega ■■■■ and wouldnt let me drive under S88 as I had no proof of sending it.

Forgot about this good point, op me sure you:

• Copy x2 all pages of the D4 after medical
  • Copy x3 all pages of the other form.
  • Send recorded / special delivery!
  • Copy x3 the receipt from post office
  • Copy x3 the “delivered” page from Royal Mail.
  • Copy x3 your existing licence.

Keep all that safe and if its at risk of running out, give one copy to your employer, keep one lot with you in your truck stuff and one in the car. That way you can drive under section 88. Technically you don’t need the D4 for the car.

I know it sounds extreme, but if stopped your class 1 / 2 will say “expired” and your overal licence status will be “expired on x date”. Just fully covers you in all cases.

Employers can’t let you drive under section 88 without proof of a valid licence so this is what mine said. Got to take it all in Monday as had to take 2 weeks hols and a week unpaid partly due to failing first medical and part due to forms being late to arrive.

With regards medicals - had 2, one with hotel doc and one with GP for £60 and £95. Hotel one included having to drive 60 miles just to fail on blood pressure so went to GP which is 2 miles, got that sorted and he did a more extensive medical some abdominal summut and circulation checks.

Dr’s medicals are private not NHS which is why they can charge wildly different amounts. Bit like NHS dentists who don’t work for NHS really.

As for £20 BP meter, can I recommend people buy one like the docs use either A&D or Omron as we have 4 of them now. Omron and A&D give pretty identical results, other 2 give wildly different from 20 points higher to 30 points lower. Wrist ones seem to be the most inaccurate, keeps telling me my head has exploded.