WTD

Hi not sure if I’ve made a mistake on WTD. I’ve started my shift at 05:30 and at 08:39 had a rest of 5hrs 21 mins, when do I need to take my next break thanks. A colleague mentioned it should be 6 hrs from 11:39? Is that correct? Thanks in advance

Spera:
Hi not sure if I’ve made a mistake on WTD. I’ve started my shift at 05:30 and at 08:39 had a rest of 5hrs 21 mins, when do I need to take my next break thanks. A colleague mentioned it should be 6 hrs from 11:39? Is that correct? Thanks in advance

6 hours from when you ended the 5hrs 21 mins rest is the legal answer 100%

Spera:

Your colleague is wrong, you should have had a break of 15 minutes or more no less than 6 hours working time from the end of the last break or rest period.

I see ROG has beat me to it :slight_smile:

ROG:

Spera:

6 hours from when you ended the 5hrs 21 mins rest is the legal answer 100%

That’s excellent news thankyou

tachograph:

Spera:

Your colleague is wrong, you should have had a break of 15 minutes or more no less than 6 hours working time from the end of the last break or rest period.

I see ROG has beat me to it :slight_smile:

As always tachograph thanks for your reply

Spera:

Where does 11:39 come from?

stu675:

Spera:

My guess is the split daily rest of 3 + 9

ROG:

stu675:

Spera:

That’s what my colleague was talking about the split daily rest, but I’ve had 13 hours rest at end of that shift. From what’s been said that wouldn’t have mattered

Spera:

ROG:

stu675:

Spera:

That’s what my colleague was talking about the split daily rest, but I’ve had 13 hours rest at end of that shift. From what’s been said that wouldn’t have mattered

Even if you was having a split daily rest period it wouldn’t make any difference to when your break was required, for the 6 hour rule you always need to take a break of 15 minutes or more no later than 6 hours working time from the end of the last break or rest period.

Spera:

ROG:

stu675:

Spera:

[emoji23] what if you were still on rest at 17:39? Would you have to have a break from your rest and have a break, or a rest■■?
What if you finished your rest at 17:30, would you have to still take a 15 min break at 17:39? Some people (colleagues) don’t think [emoji1787]