New driver WTD Infringement

hey guys,

Been driving class 2 for two months now and I have picked up a couple of WTD infringements on my tacho for not having my 15 min break for my 6 hours work .

can someone please give me the idiots guide to the wtd please as transport manager explained it in such a way you’d have to be a genius to understand it. Im working 7am till 7.45pm including my 45 min tacho break.

any advice would be appreciated as the more I read the reg’s the more confused I get

cheers
Paul

Here are the driving rules

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71511

But also this forum might help

viewforum.php?f=7

You need a break of at least 15 min after you have worked 6 hrs but if you drive for 4.5 hrs after start so say 11.30 you will have 45 min break this will off set the WTD

animal:
Here are the driving rules

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=71511

But also this forum might help

viewforum.php?f=7

You need a break of at least 15 min after you have worked 6 hrs but if you drive for 4.5 hrs after start so say 11.30 you will have 45 min break this will off set the WTD

WRONG ANAMAL …

IF your working time will be 6 or more hours a BREAK is required BEFORE the 6th hour ( so in effect at 5hrs 59mis you can put it o break) you will how ever be required to take a further 15min BREAK later … that’s all i’m saying as this has be covered enough in other threads

The rules for the working time breaks are:

Up-to 6 hours working time.

• No break is legally required.

If the shift is more than 6 hours working time but not more than 9 hours working time.

• A total break/breaks of 30 minutes is required, this can be taken in 2 parts of 15 minutes each and at-least 15 minutes of the 30 minute break should be taken before going over 6 hours working time.

Or (You are legally required to comply with either the rule above ↑, or the rule bellow ↓, but not both)

If the shift is more than 9 hours working time.

• Total break/breaks should be at-least 45 minutes and at no point in the shift should you do more than 6 hours working time before having a break of at-least 15 minutes.
  • So for the 6 hour rule a 15 minute break should be taken
  • No later than 6 hours working time from the start of the shift
  • And*
  • No later than 6 hours working time since the end of the last break.
    [/*:m][/list:u]

Breaks for the working time regulations (RT(WT)R 2005) can be split into separate breaks of at-least 15 minutes each and cannot be taken at the immediate start or end of the shift.
Driving breaks count as breaks for the RT(WT)R and where appropriate breaks for the RT(WT)R count as driving breaks.

nick2008:
IF your working time will be 6 or more hours a BREAK is required BEFORE the 6th hour ( so in effect at 5hrs 59mis you can put it o break) you will how ever be required to take a further 15min BREAK later … that’s all i’m saying as this has be covered enough in other threads

For the 6 hour rule a break of 15 minutes is required no later than 6 hours working time, if you can time it to the minute it doesn’t have to be before the 6 hour mark but it shouldn’t be later than 6 hours working time.

I’m in similar situation. Delivering plant and tools. Lots of heavy hand balling or waiting for forkies. Not much driving hours some days so my first 4.5 hrs might not hit till 2 or 3pm. I try and get a 15 min in between 10 and 12. Then a half hour at 2pm if I don’t reach 4.5hrs driving first. Keeps me within both sets of rules.
If you finish your full break before 13:30 and you don’t finish till 19:30 you will need another 15 min break in between for the WTD 6 hr rule.

tachograph:

nick2008:

For the 6 hour rule a break of 15 minutes is required no later than 6 hours working time, if you can time it to the minute it doesn’t have to be before the 6 hour mark but it shouldn’t be later than 6 hours working time.

I know read anamals answer

You need a break of at least 15 min after you have worked 6 hrs

steelviper:
hey guys,

Been driving class 2 for two months now and I have picked up a couple of WTD infringements on my tacho for not having my 15 min break for my 6 hours work .

can someone please give me the idiots guide to the wtd please as transport manager explained it in such a way you’d have to be a genius to understand it. Im working 7am till 7.45pm including my 45 min tacho break.

any advice would be appreciated as the more I read the reg’s the more confused I get

cheers
Paul

Take 45 from 1300 to 1345 and you will never get another infringement because that leaves 6 hours each side of that break
This is only possible if you never get to 4.5 hours driving before or after that 45 break

You’re all wrong :laughing: . WT(RT)R isn’t enforced so you can do what the hell you want! :grimacing:

Left hand down!:
You’re all wrong :laughing: . WT(RT)R isn’t enforced so you can do what the hell you want! :grimacing:

You are correct - its not enforced by the AUTHORITIES but many company policies could lead the driver to be dismissed by not complying

ROG:

Left hand down!:

You are correct - its not enforced by the AUTHORITIES but many company policies could lead the driver to be dismissed by not complying

and as such would the vehicle insurance be void…
you know how the legal bods will use every loop hole to get out of paying