Wtd/breaks

Im sure its been asked before, but looking for some info about the 6 hour wtd rule if anyone can help. I am a new driver and currently work days, but might be working as a tramper soon :
As an example :I start work at 5am, drive for 4 hours and take a 45 minute break and re-set my drive time. I then drive for 3 hours and do 3 hours of other work. Do I have to take a 15 minute break at this point?
Many thanks

Think so

You cant do more than 6 hours duty thats driving or otherwork without the 15min break.

Trucker2468:
Im sure its been asked before, but looking for some info about the 6 hour wtd rule if anyone can help. I am a new driver and currently work days, but might be working as a tramper soon :
As an example :I start work at 5am, drive for 4 hours and take a 45 minute break and re-set my drive time. I then drive for 3 hours and do 3 hours of other work. Do I have to take a 15 minute break at this point?
Many thanks

YES

WTD = max of 6 hours before needing a break of at least 15 mins
Driving = max of 4.5 before needing a break of at least 45 mins

At least 1 min of driving allows a 15 minute break which gives you another 6 hours (but no more than 4.29 driving) work before needing a WTD break, a 45 here helps you in no way whatsoever, so don’t forget you’ve set it on break!

Thanks everyone for the info

the Uk law on breaks says you are entitled to 20 mins break after 6 hours work. I’ve been to at least two places on induction and they say you must take 30mins after 6 hrs but take 30 mins will get you no problems.

bob96:
the Uk law on breaks says you are entitled to 20 mins break after 6 hours work. I’ve been to at least two places on induction and they say you must take 30mins after 6 hrs but take 30 mins will get you no problems.

The general WTD says a worker is entitled to a 20 minute break if he’s working 6 hours or more, drivers don’t work to the general WTD (The Working Time Regulations 1998) we work to “The Road Transport Working Time Regulations 2005” which says no worker should work more than 6 hours without a break.
The length of the break for the 6 hour rule is not stipulated so it’s assumed to be the shortest break that will count for the RT(WT)R and that’s 15 minutes.

If your working time is between 6 and 9 hours you should have a total of 30 minutes break and at-least 15 minutes of that break should be started before exceeding 6 hours working time.