Failed rigid, government funded, quality of instructor

Hello
Today I failed my driving test. I have been told that I can get two more lessons of 3.5 hours and a retest. I just don’t want the same instructor. Has anyone else had an issue with instructors. Mine is quite rude and unpleasant in my opinion. I have struggled with sleep and most nights have been without. I was without sleep today for my driving.
I don’t want to go back to that instructor and I don’t want an awkward situation. I know there is a certain amount of slagging and ■■■■ taking, which I can ignore as I only have to go through this once, now twice. But it is very uncomfortable for me to do this. Lack of sleep, the feeling of being berated regularly. That wears me out on its own, how they talk to me. There have been two name calling incidents from them.
Can I retake the test somewhere else? Maybe find another school in Hampshire. Do they do that?
For my car license ten years ago, I had two male instructors both of which were bad. Then I met a friendly female instructor and she got me through it without any real hassle. I would like someone like that.
Any advice would be great thanks

Are there more instructors in that school ? - if yes then see the manager to discuss your issues

Whereabouts in Hampshire is the training company / where are you? I don’t know whether government funding will now let you go to a different training company, but could you contact another company and pay for a few hours of training/a retest?

Why the lack of sleep?
Not being able to stand up for yourself?
Cut out for this industry?

stu675:
Why the lack of sleep?

Not easy when starting out in this industry
Seasoned drivers have had more time to get hardened to the pitfalls and hard knocks so perhaps we should remember that especially on this forum :bulb: :question:

stu675:
Why the lack of sleep?

It does appear the self funded have a better overall experience and a better determination to succeed.
I self funded class 2 and 1 with a hunger to pass.

Some trainer are A holes, i had a bad lot first time around, unintrested, insulting, an undercurrent of contempt even. gear box was broken on my truck aswell. lorry should have been signed off road let alone been in hands of a learner. i knew i wasnt ready come test day, failed badly.

I shoped around after that, went to alot of diffrent places, settled on JLD near banbury, best choice for me that was, quality trainer, people that were alright. very well kept trucks, i passed no probs after that.

dont lisen to some of the A holes on here, worlds full of them. u got unlucky with the quality of trainer, it happends. i would try for a tranfur to another place see if its possible, if not and it dosnt cost u anything too take the few hours and secound test then may as well try for it, if its free.

Penguin Mafia:
Whereabouts in Hampshire is the training company / where are you? I don’t know whether government funding will now let you go to a different training company, but could you contact another company and pay for a few hours of training/a retest?

At a guess a large one with many branches.
Female instructors name would be Katie :wink:

blue estate:

Penguin Mafia:

At a guess a large one with many branches.
Female instructors name would be Katie :wink:

That’s my starters for 2 :wink:

:laughing: Clever

simon1138:
Hello
Today I failed my driving test. I have been told that I can get two more lessons of 3.5 hours and a retest. I just don’t want the same instructor. Has anyone else had an issue with instructors. Mine is quite rude and unpleasant in my opinion. I have struggled with sleep and most nights have been without. I was without sleep today for my driving.
I don’t want to go back to that instructor and I don’t want an awkward situation. I know there is a certain amount of slagging and ■■■■ taking, which I can ignore as I only have to go through this once, now twice. But it is very uncomfortable for me to do this. Lack of sleep, the feeling of being berated regularly. That wears me out on its own, how they talk to me. There have been two name calling incidents from them.
Can I retake the test somewhere else? Maybe find another school in Hampshire. Do they do that?
For my car license ten years ago, I had two male instructors both of which were bad. Then I met a friendly female instructor and she got me through it without any real hassle. I would like someone like that.
Any advice would be great thanks

It gets worse once you get a job (if you pass).

You’ll get aggro from your TM’s, fellow drivers, and rude people at your delivery points…on a daily basis.

You’ll have to toughen up pretty sharpish and speak your mind if you want to last.

You sure you want to get into this industry?

Marky-p:
You’ll get aggro from your TM’s, fellow drivers, and rude people at your delivery points…on a daily basis.

I am only 3 months into my driving career, but my experience has been the absolute opposite of this. Working for 5 firms, and going to maybe 300 different delivery points - everyone has been lovely in the main.

I am a generally happy, positive and friendly soul and people seem to respond in kind in my experience.

To the OP, I agree with the suggestion of talking to the manager of the training school and asking for a different trainer. They will welcome the feedback, it is an important way for them to understand how well (or badly) their trainers are doing.

Instructors are normal people too. There are good and bad ones, and they have bad days like the rest of us.

Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My instructor for class 2 was spot on.
The guy teaching me class 1 not so much so. I put it into perspective, was 3 days training. I figured I could put up with it for 3 days and did.

I wouldn’t have called mine rude but he was tough and tough love is what you need to prepare. He was completely different when I passed. Passing a test in two weeks has always been a joke and it wasn’t until I passed that the constant heckling in my ear prepared me well. I too would go home annoyed and I didn’t sleep before my test. I even thought I would fail my rigid yet passed both first time. I was just being hard on myself. Even on the road 9 months down the line some of things he pointed out were my weakness still pop into my head so I do not make them my weakness but my strength.

The fact you have already alluded that you needed three instructors to just pass you driving test leads me to think you maybe need to look into yourself because once you do get on the road you are all by yourself no one will be there to hold your hand. You are accountable for everything.

My missus passed on her 4th time and she has been driving for ten years and she will even admit that she is not a good driver so for her to even think of driving a HGV wouldn’t come into her mind.

blue estate:
That’s my starters for 2 :wink:

Subtle, but clear as a bell

AdamST205:
I
The fact you have already alluded that you needed three instructors to just pass you driving test leads me to think you maybe need to look into yourself because once you do get on the road you are all by yourself no one will be there to hold your hand. You are accountable for everything.

Did OP want three instructors? I got three different instuctors forced on me when doing my Class 1, I didn’t want that, and it certainly did not do me any favours, as each one had their own way way that things “must” be done and there was little correlation between them.