Struggling to find work and the perm job I accepted is trash

Build5:
Class 2 work does tend to be fast and furious. Lots of multi-drop delivery work hammering around trying to get everything done in time.

You say you worked for a couple of days then had a driving assessment. Why did they decide to give you an assessment after two days and why did they suggest doing 7.5ton work?

Have you driven large vehicles before you passed your class 2 (maybe vans, minibus, motorhome, towing a caravan?)

A lot of class 2 work (especially pallet networks) is ‘salaried’ which is code for you’ll be working for near minimum wage with the promise of early finishes which somehow never happen and you’ll never get overtime no matter what time you finish.

As for the job working in a warehouse, I’d say thank you for the offer but no thanks, I was led to believe it was something else.

There’s hundreds of firms out there. Don’t let the first few weeks drag you down.

I wasn’t on the companies Insurance till the Wednesday so that’s when they decided to do a driving an assessment and nerves got the best of me going from a car to a 26 tonne truck did make me jittery but I would have been fine if I drove it solid for a few hours.

It was gutting as I liked the job I just sat in the cab for 2 days and then assessor recommend I do 7.5 tonne work to gain some experience and confidence