Finding work difficult

Anyone else having problems getting work at the moment I was getting work quite consistant went straight out in artics with in couple of weeks of passing my test. 6 months down the line the industry seems to have gone quiet and getting knocked back with “you need 180 days in the last 2 years experiance” excuse. I must spend about 4/5 hours a day sending my CV round companies and applying for jobs.

Hey mate,

in the same boat as you bud sending shed loads of CV’s, knocking on doors etc… Getting the same answers off a lot of companies, but we have had a lot of success stories on the newbie section lately, so just keep your head up and just carry on going, we’ll get there in the end :smiley:

Work seems to be picking up in a lot of companies now too.

Good luck on job hunting.

Gareth

Have had the same but as we keep seeing there are some success stories think you just have to be right place right time

Ok I have been helping a old mate out as he was left in the deep end yep driving vans but it is work atm & suits me for now as I see it a means to an end

I passed my cat c friday… i was in the navy for 5 years and whenever i go for a job inteview for anything i just lie to them and tell them a job i did in the navy that relates to the job im applying because the truth is they will never ever EVER know what you did… so if i cant get a job im joining the TA for 2 years and i will be driving trucks there regardless of the job im doing because i know the seageants and people there will stick up for you as the navy does with me now atm. i know alot of people are going to frown on this comment and get all righteous but the truth is. it a dog eat dog world and it seems in this industry you need all the things you can. so if i lie gets me the experiance i need then so be it. i have an inteview tommorow so i dont need to lie atm but if it means getting my £2200 back ill do it through my teeth for a job… good luck all

We usually ask for the 2 years experiance but decided to take a punt (on my recommendation) to try a newbie.

Have to say we put the work into him for a few weeks and he has worked out to be a success. He even came in before he started to practice reversing in the yard.

It worked well as I did not have to spend a lot of time getting him out of bad habits. The basics were there just needed to give him some of my time.

If more companies looked at just spending a little extra time with these newbies rather than just dismiss them then they may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck and keep hunting.

The good thing is, new drivers are mostly non complacent and they have no bad habbits as you say.

Regardless, I got my current start due to a small white lie. They never checked the references on my story. I even told them one of the references was a family run business :laughing:

Sam Millar:
The good thing is, new drivers are mostly non complacent and they have no bad habbits as you say.

Regardless, I got my current start due to a small white lie. They never checked the references on my story. I even told them one of the references was a family run business :laughing:

Good luck :slight_smile: just take it steady and take the room you think you need and you will be fine