Classics in Harrogate

Passing through Harrogate town centre this afternoon I spotted an immaculate Karrier Bantam mobile shop and a Bedford CA ice cream van parked together. The Bantam was finished in red and ivory, nicely lined out but not lettered, as far as I could see. The Bedford, also immaculate, was in typical Walls-style blue and cream. Like a fool, I’d forgotten to pick up my camera before I set off - does anyone have any further info on them, or photos of them? I suspect that they are being used as “food trucks”, a nice change from the ubiquitous Citroen H so commonly seen in that role nowadays.

You will have seen em outside the Yorkshire Hotel opposite Bettys
They bin there a few weeks , think hotel have used them as publicity , dont know if you can actually get an ice cream !
I’m in there tomorro I will try get some info
Watch this space
Jim

Is the Trans Pennine run on this year , normally the first Sunday in August?

Ramone:
Is the Trans Pennine Run on this year , normally the first Sunday in August?

TruckNetUK. Old Time Lorries. Classics In Harrogate.1. HCVS Trans Pennine Run Manchester To Harrogate Historic Commercial Vehicle Rally 2021. VALKYRIE .
Wednesday,14th July,2021.

Due to the current COVID 19 = Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pandemic many historic steam and motor vehicle rallies in 2020 and this year,2021,have been cancelled,including the Great

Dorset Steam Fair 2020 and 2021 and the HCVS London To Brighton Run,Tyne Tees Run and the Trans Pennine Run of both 2020 and 2021 have had to be cancelled.

Hopefully,all of the above rallies and all the other vehicle rallies and all other events will return in 2022! :exclamation: :smiley:

Here is a screen shot copy of the official HCVS notice informing the public about the cancellation of the HCVS rallies:-HCVS = Historic Commercial Vehicle Society.

Screen Shot of official HCVS notice which states that the HCVS Trans Pennine Run Manchester To Harrogate Rally 2021.and other rallies,have been cancelled.1

HCVS = Historic Commercial Vehicle Society.Screen Shot of official HCVS notice which states that the HCVS Trans Pennine Run Manchester To Harrogate Rally 2021.and other rallies,have been

cancelled.1

HCVS = Historic Commercial Vehicle Society.Screen Shot of official HCVS notice which states that the HCVS Trans Pennine Run Manchester To Harrogate Rally 2021.and other rallies,have been cancelled.1

VALKYRIE