Trans pennine run 2012

Can anyone let me know the route
times and any other info
HCVS website does not say that much
Where is the meeting point / is there a gathering on saturday night
Any info will help

Starting from Birch Services Sunday morning, entrants usually park over night Saturday for nothing.
The route is; Rochdale, Littleborough, Walsden, Todmorden, Hebden Bridge, Halifax, Shibden, Northowram and Bradford, Shipley, Guiseley, Otley, Pool in Wharfedale, Pannal, finishing at Harrogate College, The Stray (the usual venue) has been waterlogged and as the organizers of the run would be held responsible for making good any tyre marks etc in the field the College has agreed to let their grounds be used. It is all hard standing and I have been when it has been used before. Plenty of parking for visitors, the usual burger bars and butty stalls will be open.

Hope fully it will be fine day and there is usually a good turnout of old vehicles whatever the weather.

Is that this Sunday,the 5th? What time do you leave? I might have a run over with my little lad and tag on as far as Halifax :sunglasses:

They usually start leaving Birch about 8AM and keep arriving and departing for at least two and a half hours.

If you comj over Blackstone Edge and wait at Littleborough you will get plenty of chances for photos at the lights.
Then run down to Warland a few miles from Littleborough, there is a brew hut there and a lot of the lads stop for while.
Todmorden and Hebden Bridge are also good vantage points because of the bottleneck. You could then wander on through to Kings Cross (just before Hlaifax) and catch them coming up through the lights.

Yes this Sunday 5th August, it always held on the first Sunday in August.

Pictures below were taken at Warland last year.

It seems there is always a vintage car show on at Hebden Bridge the same day so you get cars as well mixed in.

Any one any ideal if there is a stop over in Halifax.

I usually watch it at the roundabout at Shelf HX3 which I think is about 10:00 1st vehicle.

I’ll be there, unless there is a stop in Fax, with my little lad this year, he’s nearly 2 now and ever vehicle is a cho chooo.

Please wave to us as it will make his day.

The Hoyer badged Atki Borderer in Tankermans pictures, which is the 2nd one down, belongs to Mick Ridgwick from Huddersfield.

I was fortunate enough to do the TPR in it about 3 years ago with his son Steve. I was talking to Steve last weekend at the Wakefield classic car and truck show, and he said they may do it again this year.

Ken.

Me and my lad will be stood West of the King Cross traffic lights, hope to get some pic’s of the motors possibly slowing down for the light’s, give us a wave guy’s :smiley:

Regards
Dave Penn;

Quinny:
The Hoyer badged Atki Borderer in Tankermans pictures, which is the 2nd one down, belongs to Mick Ridgwick from Huddersfield.

I was fortunate enough to do the TPR in it about 3 years ago with his son Steve. I was talking to Steve last weekend at the Wakefield classic car and truck show, and he said they may do it again this year.

Ken.

Who originally owned the tank Quinny? it has a Sutton’s look about it.

We had a few very similar on acid and hypo but they had black chassis,

Tankerman:

Quinny:

Ken.

Who originally owned the tank Quinny? it has a Sutton’s look about it.

We had a few very similar on acid and hypo but they had black chassis,

Don’t know, because when I did the run with Steve, the fifth wheel was blanked off with a small box on top.

I never looked last weekend at Wakefield to see if that was still the case.

Ken.

It looks like a Suttons tank, which, judging by the construction of it was built by Universal from Burscough. It looks (& Russell could confirm this) akin to the SP tanks that Gilbraith once had.

A Suttons tanker driver assures me it was an ex Sutton hypo tank, it was used to run hypo between Rocksavage and C.K plant next door.

We had a few on hypo, rubber lined and always one drop and back empty. Good earners.

Taken this afternoon @ Birch.Passing so called in and this was the only one their along with a coach (but it was early) :unamused:

Four coaches and a similar number of wagons when I called on there at 6:00pm. Very odd to see so few - is it the parking fees that are putting people off?

Maybe it’s a bit early for them Mark, I understood that lorries entered for the run parked for nothing.
I hope it’s a not a sign that there will be a low turnout tomorrow.

Russell.

marky:
Four coaches and a similar number of wagons when I called on there at 6:00pm. Very odd to see so few - is it the parking fees that are putting people off?

must have just missed you, called on with my dad, about 6 lorries and a few psv’s

sorry to have missed you

What time will they all be at Harrogate on show then?

Just got back from looking at the truck run today, some well looked after motor’s there but job was spoilt by lack of space at the place know the rain knacked the job but hope you get back to old place next year. well done

At Birch Services

At Harrogate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344192621.577213.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344192662.526809.jpg