42nd Annual HCVS Trans Pennine Run 2010

This annual event will soon be upon us again and this year its on the 1st of August staring at the usual place.
Birch Service Area Westbound from around 7:30am
With thanks to James Nuttall i will be driving his restored ‘A’ Series ERF

A James Nuttall of Rochdale gallery can be found on the Northwest Trucks web site
Give us a wave when we come past and it would be great if any pictures taken during the event could be posted on this thread later :smiley:
Regards Paul Anderson

Is it still finishing in Harrogate .

Hi Paul. I presume their will be some parked overnight at Birch on the saturday will they.
John.

Stanfield:
Hi Paul. I presume their will be some parked overnight at Birch on the saturday will they.
John.
[/quote]
Hi John,
Yes there will be a number parked up overnight on the west bound side, by the way John, Jack Kershaw will also be sharing the driving so we will need a good supply of bacon butties :smiley:
> 440Mopar:
> Is it still finishing in Harrogate .
Yes it finishes on the Stray at Harrogate
Vehicles start leaving Birch Service area (Westbound) via the service access road turning left onto Whittle Lane from around 7.30am onwards.
The route then takes in Heywood, Rochdale, Littleborough, Todmorden, Halifax, Bradford, Shipley, Otley, arriving in Harrogate late morning.

Hope to catch up with you moomooland at some point over the weekend.

I’ll be with the Bowker Atkinson Borderer (or Volvo FH support vehicle if their Leyland Beaver does the run!)

We’ve gone posh this year and booked into the Travelodge for the night instead of camping in the back of the trailer!

moomooland:

Stanfield:
John.
[/quote]
Hi John,
Yes there will be a number parked up overnight on the west bound side, by the way John, Jack Kershaw will also be sharing the driving so we will need a good supply of bacon butties :smiley:
> 440Mopar:
> Is it still finishing in Harrogate .
Yes it finishes on the Stray at Harrogate
Vehicles start leaving Birch Service area (Westbound) via the service access road turning left onto Whittle Lane from around 7.30am onwards.
The route then takes in Heywood, Rochdale, Littleborough, Todmorden, Halifax, Bradford, Shipley, Otley, arriving in Harrogate late morning.

Hi - is there any way of getting details of the actual route - so that I can take some pictures along the way?

the actual route details are given out when you sign in at birch services,

the route always seems to be similar,ie main road from Rochdale,through Tod towards Halifax and later it always passes harry ramsdens chippy at Guisley,

hope that helps,

il be in Matthew Kibbles F88 if you get any good shots. :slight_smile:

vwvanman0:
the actual route details are given out when you sign in at birch services,

the route always seems to be similar,ie main road from Rochdale,through Tod towards Halifax and later it always passes harry ramsdens chippy at Guisley,

hope that helps,

il be in Matthew Kibbles F88 if you get any good shots. :slight_smile:

thanks for the reply - I’ll have to dig out a map - I don’t know the area at all - may come back with more questions…

btw:

nice photo,there was a similar one in the classic and commercial mag,it was at donnington a few years ago wasnt it?

twas snowing on the way there and as the photo shows i forgot to clean the white off the tyres!

If you look at the map its quite easy to see where the route goes up to halifax,

or if in doubt(as it does alter slightly year to year)follow the first motor out till you find a good spot.

ther are some hilly/narrow bits between birch and halifax,so the speeds will be down,if that helps.

Hi - is there any way of getting details of the actual route - so that I can take some pictures along the way?

Probably the best stretch for pictures is anywhere between Littleborough and Todmorden on the A6033 or
along the A646 which runs from Todmorden to Halifax via Hebden Bridge which contains plenty of slow sections on this part of the route.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Regards Paul

moomooland:

Probably the best stretch for pictures is anywhere between Littleborough and Todmorden on the A6033 or
along the A646 which runs from Todmorden to Halifax via Hebden Bridge which contains plenty of slow sections on this part of the route.
Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Regards Paul

Walsden seems to be a popular stop off point and also a good place to get photos.

Hi Paul Hope to see you & Jack somewhere along the route and then maybe make my way across to Harrogate.
JOHN.

UAG 999 R Restored will be takeing part in the 42nd T P Run on the 1st of Aug,give us a wave if you see us. C U all there. :laughing: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Hi i am Matthew Kibbles uncle i live in Litteborough me and a few mate,s driver,s and retired driver,s will be at the butty van just past the Bird in hand pub on Todmorden Road Cheer,s Barry Lang

bazz2752:
Hi i am Matthew Kibbles uncle i live in Litteborough me and a few mate,s driver,s and retired driver,s will be at the butty van just past the Bird in hand pub on Todmorden Road Cheer,s Barry Lang

Nice one :smiley:
Will call in for a bacon butty on the way through around 8:45 !

I will look out for you and make my self known yo you all the best bazz

Here’s a sample of whats on show tomorrow on the Trans Pennine Run.I called at Birch services this afternoon and these lads were already there.

Looks like it could be a good turn out,hope the weather stays kind to them.
John.

Watt and Millican ERFs look well John.It doesn’t seem that long since I saw Jos Millican running rough timber down the M6 to Ellesmere Port with those ERFs. :sunglasses:

Just a few on there way home from Harrogate after a good day out.Met up with Moomooland(Paul)& BigJ(Jack) had a chat and also met up with one or two lads I’ve worked with in the past, all in all a good day.More photos to follow but will put them on the photo thread.

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO FORUM SITE MORE ON THERE.
JOHN

Got down to Harrogate and had a wander about and met a couple of the lads. A good turn out!