42nd Annual HCVS Trans Pennine Run 2010

It was a good day - I also took some shots at night (at about 11pm), before the run -

fryske:
It was a good day - I also took some shots at night (at about 11pm), before the run -

WOW! Thats a great photo!

I had the pleasure of driving both those vehicles today and considering the amount of time the owners have both spent restoring them, I think they obviously has a bit of trust in my driving ability!

Stanfield:
Here’s a sample of whats on show tomorrow on the Trans Pennine Run.I called at Birch services this afternoon and these lads were already there.

Looks like it could be a good turn out,hope the weather stays kind to them.
John.

What a great day out it was too! We were there early as we wanted to get to the White Hart pub for tea - highly recommended for anybody in the area - 200 yards from the back gate of the service area!

Great photos by the way too!

Had a great day out in James Nuttalls ERF.
Heres a few shots taken on Sunday :smiley:

Ready for the off at Birch

Breakfast at Todmorden :smiley:

Photograph above courtesy of Mark Griffiths

Jack at the wheel :slight_smile:

Regards Paul

Thats a nice Octopus of Malcolm’s I wonder what spec it is i.e.600 engine and Albion diffs or 680Power Plus and heavy Leyland diffs? If it was the 680 spec it would have been a cracking motor to have pulled a drawbar trailer!! Me and my driver Eric would have been the “Dogs” sat in that!! Cheers Bewick.

Here you go!

Do you know Mark griffiths? He did the run in this fine beast…

fryske:
Do you know Mark griffiths?

With so much going on i only met him briefly during the rally.
Heres a couple more taken at Birch before the off.

There are plenty more pictures of the 42nd Trans Pennine Run on the flickr web site

Regards Paul

Where was that Slaters Foden at Harrogate, I didn’t see that?

They were local to me, worked out of Whitby docks and the yard was near Pickering.

yorkyjoy:

UAG 999 R Restored will be takeing part in the 42nd T P Run on the 1st of Aug,give us a wave if you see us. C U all there. :laughing: :sunglasses: :smiley:

Looking good on the road to Hebden Bridge - nice truck mate.

Heyup Lonewolf.
Have a look on the photo forum Slaters is on their next to Dents Scania along with loads more photos I took
JOHN