Driving in EU without taco

Hi everyone,
one of my drivers lost his tacho yesterday and is leaving for EU tomorrow morning.
I know that you can drive without it for up to 15 days in the UK, how about EU? I would preferably send somebody else but there are no drivers anywhere!
DVLA is closed as it is weekend, and I have no idea what to do,
Please help,
thanks!

Same rule as in UK however I wouldn’t risk it for the simple reason that if stopped in the UK it’s easy to explain in your own language. Get stopped in the EU and get stopped by someone who doesn’t speak a word of English and you’ll probably find that at best he picks up a fine or even worse he’s clamped until it’s sorted. I only drive in the EU so I speak from experience.

thank you so much, this is exactly what I thought. Good news is that another driver took his card by accident and thankfully all is sorted now.
Once again thank you!

As already stated, same rules apply in Euroland as in UK. The driver MUST report the loss to DVLA before driving (procedure may have changed, but I believe it used to be the case that they issued a reference number to confirm that they had been informed). He MUST produce a printout at the beginning and end of each journey, write his name and licence number on the back of each and sign them. These printouts MUST be carried with him for the next 28 days, after which they MUST be handed in to the Operator. I’d suggest it might be a good idea for him to carry a few copies of a note on company headed paper stating that the card has been lost and a new one applied for with a translation into the languages of whichever countries he will be driving in.

(edit: I see you/he is now sorted)