Newbie tacho question....urgent

Hi All. …my digi card has ran out, new one is on way from dvla.
I’ve an interview tmw, need to to a driving assessment in a 7.5 ton…with no card can i do a manual input?

Thanks fellas

If your card is lost/stolen or faulty you can drive for 15 days without a card, however as yours is simply expired you cannot legally drive a vehicle fitted with a digital tachograph until you get a new one.

You could tell the assessor that your card is lost but don’t be surprised if they don’t let you drive anyway, also in the unlikely event that you got stopped the DVSA would be aware that your driver card has expired and is not lost/stolen or faulty.
I can’t remember off-hand exactly what the fine is for driving without a driver card, but I believe it is quite a heavy fine.

When your card is lost/stolen or faulty you need to do a printout at the start of the shift and another at the end of the shift, this is irrelevant to your situation but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

From what I can find out, the fine is either £2500 or £5000 depending whether this is a level 4 or 5 offence, plus potential prosecution. So really not worthwhile! Mine arrived within a week, but might not help in this case. If you tell them they will hopefully interview and then do the assessment drive another day.