digital tacho card

Having come back from a four week stint driving in the UK(■■■■■■■ ■■■■ it was)I heard something about the new "card"that each driver must have,not heard anything over here but knew it was coming,you heard owt spardie?

digital taco rules apply all over Europe

my first veiwing of digital taco was in France in the new Renaiult

My mates tell me that it costs €50 but I’m still trying to find out for Kerbut (and me) who you apply to.

There are links on how to obtain the cards on the VOSA site.

I think any new truck you buy from May 1st must have them installed. Getting a card seems to be straight forward, but it will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to find a way of fiddling the system!

Plambert
Maybe so,but look where we live !!

Like I said I knew it was in the pipe line although hoped it was a euro pipe dream,no such luck.First saw the "card"when on a fcos course a few years ago,will have to look into to how to get one,a mate of mine told me the score in the UK,french will be something else!!!

big brother is watching you

europa.eu.int/idabc/jsps/documen … 2283&lg=en

Note that it is the member state who issues your driving licence that will also issue your Driver’s Card, not necessarily the member state in which you live. So if you live in France, but you still have a UK licence it will be the DVLA who issues it.

Looks like I will have another french paper chase as my licence is french(swooped it three years ago),another step towards the EU super state,what happend to the common market■■?

Mine is French also,had to change it as I was caught speeding going through the forest to Irun,and they needed to take points off my licence.

A digital tachograph drivers card is issued by the appropriate authority for the country in which the driver resides. In the case of a UK domiciled driver, the issuing authority is DVLA. There are complex rules governing how to work out where a person lives; basically they have to live there for at least 186 days. If a driver lives in one country and works in another, then the authority look at where the close family ‘ties’ are.(where the drivers’ family live) For this reason, most eastern european drivers working in the UK would have to apply to the issuing authority in their ‘home’ country and not to DVLA for a driver card. It doesn’t matter where your driving licence was issued, just that you have at least a B entitlement.
Digital tachographs are compulsory fit, thoughout Europe, to all vehicles over 3.5t or 8 passenger seats (excluding the driver) manufactured or first put into service on or after 1st May 2006

I stand corrected, the information I had was obviously crap. :blush: :blush:

geebee45; Do you know this guy.■■ Nothing serious ,just think he would like the snap.

i83.photobucket.com/albums/j314/ … G_6861.jpg

More ■■■■■■■ EU ■■■■■■■■,who pays the ■■■■■ wages and who said they should be paid ie who ■■■■■■■ elected them answer no one.

My licence is French too, I wasn’t allowed to turn a wheel (of an HGV, cars are different) 'till I’d changed it. Mind you, as I’ve said before, in France the rules are applied differently in each Department or simply by different officials within the same Department. Can be useful though, when you go to one window with your docs. (for whatever) and they’re refused, just wait 5 minutes and go to another window - job done. Worked for me :unamused: .

Got to have a medical next week,more hassle now this diggy card,great fun…

the new digital card will stop you starting the engine if your over your hours
i know its true i heard it at B&q

hitch said;

the new digital card will stop you starting the engine if your over your hours
i know its true i heard it at B&q

Suggest you start shopping at Homebase in future M8, cos it’s not true. :smiley: :open_mouth: Neither are the stories that DVLA can download the card (unless you send it back to them), nor will the vehicle brakes automatically lock on if you exceed you driving time. You’re credit card doesn’t work in a digitacho (well, mine didn’t!!) nor can you use your drivers card to pay for the weekly shop at Tescos.

further on not letting you start the engine a Paddy driver told me the ones his company have will tell him to take toothbrush from the load and use it for 9 hours when he has key in the door